Federal judge dangles jail time in front of Betsy DeVos

While it isn’t big enough to be a sample, at least in any meaningful way, I do know many people, or have talked with those who voted for Gropenfurher for the reasons you described.

1 Like

They won’t have the same excuse for voting for him in 2020. Anyone who believes that he’s materially increased the financial well-being of anyone but himself and cronies like DeVos is as being willfully blind to that as they are to the racism and sexism they were willing to ignore in 2016.

12 Likes

Let’s say he throws her in prison for one day per violation. That would be about 43 years of prison.

On one hand, that seems harsh. On the other hand, willfully ignoring a judge’s order to stop hounding students who had been scammed out of their tuition by a for-profit university …

16 Likes

Nitpick: the judge is a woman.

7 Likes

Whoops, my mistake. So let’s say she (the judge) throws her (DeVos) in prison for one day per violation.

8 Likes

Oh, yeah, totally on board with that.

6 Likes

It’s me apologizing for being blunt.

The folks I know, or have spoken with won’t be voting for him again. They have said, in one way or another, that they see their decision as a mistake. One person in particular, thinks Trump is dangerous (imagine that) and mentally unfit (Ya’ don’t say?). He has expressed anger at the many things Orange Oz has done.

On the other hand I have an aunt who will vote for him again, because she’s convinced gay people have some sort of sinister agenda, and Trump will be doing something about it. Her daughter, will vote for him because she thinks he will make abortion illegal. The mentally unfit voting for the mentally unfit.

5 Likes

Is this where he starts draining the swamp? Seems like thing have only gotten deeper since the Trump appointees showed up. Oh wait. This judge is out of California not D.C.
Bye Bye Betty!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.