Felicity Huffman to serve 13 days of her 14 day sentence

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/16/felicity-huffman-to-serve-13-o.html

1 Like

I hope she learned her lesson.

15 Likes

Or 13/14ths of it.

21 Likes

That’ll show her!

25 Likes

Did she pay the clerk of the court to alter the sentencing papers after they were handed down?

19 Likes

Only 12 nights.

I think the 250 hours of community service, depending on what they make her do, will probably go further than the jail time to teach her the folly of her ways. They should tack on a year of helping poor families fill out FAFSAs,

17 Likes

I think the trial and damage to her child’s reputation will be the thing that really stings her. But I also doubt she’ll learn any kind of lesson here.

7 Likes

It’s not long enough to get scurvy, but it’s plenty long enough to get herpes!

Sounds like there’s no one there to process a release over the weekend, and they’d rather release her early than late. (Actually, slow rolling a Friday release is sometimes used as a big middle finger to keep people in an extra weekend. In some jurisdictions, MMV, etx.)

5 Likes

Or shanked.

Not that I’m actively wishing any ills upon the woman, mind you.

I only do that regarding one so called “person…”

6 Likes

But she’s wealthy and therefore a job creator. She serves the community simply by existing.

3 Likes

6 Likes

If he’s who I think you mean, then I do, too. I’m not one to dwell on violence or ill wishes, but that one man, …seeing his face and hearing his voice every damned day. I’m sick of him. As for Felicity… Whatever. I was just cracking wise. The rich never pay. I’m slightly surprised she got ANY prison time.

1 Like

“ FCI Dublin

A low security federal correctional institution with an adjacent minimum security satellite camp.”

Probably in the camp. Which makes sense.

“ Previous inmates at FCI Dublin include the “Hollywood Madam” Heidi Fleiss and Patty Hearst. It currently houses about 1,200 inmates and is one of five federal prisons for women in the United States.”

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/asher_wolf/status/1183511442076516353?s=21

Rich white people fail up. She’ll probably get a TV deal out of it.

18 Likes

Fun fact; the mythical origin of the Jack-o-lantern states that it signifies the presence of a damned, wandering soul.

Happy Samhain…

18 Likes

“Now Starring in”

7 Likes

Holy hell. When I went to college I had to fill these f’ing booklets out and I’d take 13 days in the pokey before I would want to deal with that again.

5 Likes

She gets credit for time served. From AOL news: “the time it took for authorities to arrest her at her home, book her and ultimately release her after several hours will be counted as the fourteenth day of her sentence.”

3 Likes

Exactly. Her kid will be just fine. It’ll be the equivalent of an unplanned gap year at worst.

I’ve been talking about the “glass floor” since the days of Stephen Glass. Once the powers that be invest in their educations and careers, they’re not allowed to fail and are given second chance after second chance after second chance (unless they’re PoC, in which case they’re made examples of to “prove” that they can’t make it in the white man’s world even when generously granted a first chance).

14 Likes