Ferment Mountain Dew for a boozy homebrewed treat

7536014-Mackenzi-Lee-Quote-It-s-an-acquired-taste-Why-acquire-a-taste-for

10 Likes

Sometimes you just have to try, to learn why you shouldn’t.

5 Likes

do you really want to make me cry music video GIF

Do you really want to hurt me?

6 Likes

What is happening with thos quotation marks??

4 Likes

To quote The Sneeze’s review of prison wine. "That went from sweet and childlike to bitter and alcoholic quicker than Lindsey Lohan. More seriously Mountain Dew is awful and I can’t imagine that it is improved by fermenting it.

2 Likes

Pssst… hey kid…

I actually like Mountain Dew, but this seems like it’s trying to be deliberately perverse. Too acidic (so they’re adding baking soda) and then they’re adding sugar? Despite the high sugar content to begin with? I experiment with brewing alcohol from various fruit I grow, and making yeast-carbonated soda, and my starting points have a hell of a lot less sugar than this and still can end up pretty sweet. Just adding yeast to a bit of orange juice, water and sugar seems like you’d get a higher quality version of the same idea…

2 Likes

Ew Sickening GIF by Gerbert!

2 Likes

So, I have the equipment and the experience to try this. But do I have the necessary motivation?

• Yes, do it!
  • No, don’t bother.
0 voters
2 Likes

Yeah, to hit closer to the same quality mark, try fermenting Tang.

4 Likes

Like I always say: “I’ll drink anything once.”

3 Likes

Yup. You can’t go wrong with a light Finnish breakfast wine.

6 Likes

43250903-878c-4c29-beb6-abaab70e29e0_text

4 Likes

I can’t imagine what the rotgut was like that was improved by the addition of Mountain Dew.

4 Likes

A classic drink in the teen set around my parts used to be Southern Comfort and Mt. Dew. Because you know what a sickly sweet whiskey needs to balance it out? The Dew!

5 Likes

Where’s my puke emoji?

I’m reminded of Robert Wyatt talking about drinking with Keith Moon where they’d take tequila slammers and then southern comfort to get rid of the foul taste and then have to take tequila to get rid of the sickly sweetness…

Sounds awful, and led to tragedy of course…

2 Likes

1 Like
5 Likes

My first night in Finnland:
Girl at party: “Would you like some Vodka?”
Me (non drinker): “No thanks”
Dude next to us: “Yeah, let’s leave the light stuff for the women, share my Pure Spirits with me. Great thing about this is 2 men can get drunk on the same bottle.”

3 Likes

Vodka-Tom-of-Finland

3 Likes