Fetterman’s ultimate own: Petitioning to induct Dr. Oz into the New Jersey Hall of Fame

Originally published at: Fetterman's ultimate own: Petitioning to induct Dr. Oz into the New Jersey Hall of Fame | Boing Boing

12 Likes

Sorry, out of the loop: how is this an pwn?

2 Likes

Oz is a New Jersey resident with a quasi-fake address in Pennsylvania so he can run for office in Penn. He would really, really like people to stop talking about him being a Jersey boy.

30 Likes

They are running against each other in a race for US Senate in Pennsylvania, while Oz lives in New Jersey.

19 Likes

There’s a Jersey Hall of Fame? How does it work?

“Easy. You gives us money and we makes sure that yer name doesn’t get put forward for it. Capisce?”.

(Sorry Jersey folks, my New Yorker friends have got to me.)

5 Likes

AFAIK, there are no awards given out for political ads. That’s too bad.

5 Likes

While this is absolutely brilliant, as a New Jersey native and resident I can’t support this. The guys is from Delaware and still maintains Turkish citizenship.
Hell, not only do we not want him, you have to wonder where his loyalties lie.

3 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with having dual citizenship.

6 Likes

Do you wonder? I don’t believe for a moment he’s some kind of agent for Turkey – as Jesse says, nothing wrong with dual citizenship – or Delaware, or New Jersey, or Pennsylvania. His loyalties are pretty clearly to Dr. Oz.

13 Likes

I wonder if whoever writes headlines for NBC realizes that “Carpetbagger” is a racially loaded term coined by the losers of a failed slaver’s rebellion.

4 Likes

No, there isn’t. But do you want to be represented by a guy who isn’t from your state, declared residency just to run in your state, and holds onto his citizenship from another country?
How can this guy have the first clue about those he is supposed to represent?

2 Likes

The “not from this state” part is all it takes.

4 Likes

Please stop.

Oz is a scumbag who went shopping for an open Senate seat on Trump’s recommendation. He’s not qualified, and doesn’t live in the state he’s looking to represent.

There’s no reason to engage in hoary old, racist ass smears.

6 Likes

You keep bringing this up and tacking it on like it’s a problem though

4 Likes

Bana güven. Ben bir doktorum.

There’s a certain gentle enmity between Pennsy & Jersey - besides the obvious carpet bagging. Especially in the SE counties that can control the election. The City for Northern NJ’ers is NY. For Southern is Philly. The usual suburbs vs City runs their as well.

Of course- Philly visitors to the Jersey shore are probably looked upon a bit askance as well.

4 Likes

Oh noez… furriners… /s

2 Likes

Race has nothing to do with it.

For a sitting Senator? Yes, it might be.

Turkish is a race? Since when.

1 Like