Final words of 13 Ukrainian island border guards to Russian invaders: “Go f*ck yourself!" 

Originally published at: Final words of 13 Ukrainian island border guards to Russian invaders: "Go f*ck yourself!"  | Boing Boing

13 Likes

It lacks the eloquence of “you should have put sunflower seeds in your pockets so flowers grow when you die on Ukrainian soil” but it will read better on banners and they’re undoubtedly fine words to go out with. Best use of snek flag in a couple hundred years, I’m thinking.

30 Likes

Songs will be written about this. And they will rock.

19 Likes

These brave stands against fascists are remembered for a long time. Even when the profane retort is covered by a euphemism.

21 Likes

“We are a lighthouse, your call.”

20 Likes

The very next time someone makes a post in our local group about the freedom fighting hero truck drivers I’m posting this story.

Whining like babies about masks and vaccinations is not fighting for freedom what’s happening in Ukraine is and these anti vaxx morons would be curled up in a ball crying at the first sign of real hardship.

42 Likes

Ukrainians telling a Russian Warship to go F*** themselves is braver than any trucker crying about the vaccine.

44 Likes

I mean, seriously. What a f@% waste of human life.

12 Likes

Song about this needs to be Ukraine’s entry in this year’s Eurovision.

Russia were favourites to win the competition in 2016, until Ukrainian singer Jamala stole a last-minute victory with a song that depicted the deportation of Crimean Tatars by Josef Stalin in 1944 – a horrific chapter that the nation’s parliament has described as tantamount to genocide.

The lyrics were widely interpreted as a criticism of Russia’s annexation of Crimea in 2014. Jamala, who is herself a Crimean Tartar, appeared to confirm the link when she told the press: “The main message is to remember and to know this story. When we know, we prevent.”

On the path to victory, her song picked up several important votes from former Soviet countries who traditionally vote for Russia. Eurovision expert John Kennedy O’Connor called the result “a pointed slap in Russia’s face”.

(Sadly, one rather fears there may not be a Ukrainian entry this year.)

17 Likes

used Google translate just to be sure. checks out! :+1: :ukraine:

9 Likes

But in their (the truckers) minds, they are being just as brave. Standing up against “tryanny”.

4 Likes

Fucking russians - sink their boats, trap them there, would amount to nothing. But no, they have to shell them.

Blame falls to Putin. Another war crime for the books.

16 Likes

I love, love, LOVE the comment: “Should we tell them to go fuck themselves? Just in case?”

16 Likes

From a purely vexillological standpoint, the Gasden snake looks great on top of the blue.

2 Likes

This whole thing is just so fucking awful. I have this wild fantasy that some brave FSB security detail guy will decide that being this close to ww3 is a bad idea and just shoots the fucker in the back of the head. But that’s wildly unlikely.

17 Likes

They were the guards’ final words before the Russians killed MURDERED them all.

FIFY

20 Likes

Well, we are at that stage of the glorious and popular reign of the dear leader where he can no longer allow his closest supporters to come within knife-stabbing range of his person. His latest televised meetings with the defense and foreign ministers took place across an enormous table, and in the security council he sits at the opposite side of a big hall from everyone else.

20 Likes

And ammunition. Shells ain’t cheap, I don’t think.

5 Likes

They aren’t. I lived by Ft Riley and you could hear shelling practice some days. One of the guys I paintballed with was stationed there and was like, “Each boom is about $10,000.” Ship launched shells are even larger.

But I hardly think that is the point. Flush with natural gas cash, Russia wants to dominate and strike fear where they can. A few shells is worth creating dread.

Although they just created martyrs which may work against them.

8 Likes

Last night a friend of mine said “what if Zelenskyy just came out before the invasion and said ‘we’re disbanding the army, and giving all the weapons out to every citizen. Including explosives and rocket launchers.’”

Brutal, but it would be like telling Putin he’s getting his own Iraq.

6 Likes