Final words of 13 Ukrainian island border guards to Russian invaders: “Go f*ck yourself!" 

Fucking russians - sink their boats, trap them there, would amount to nothing. But no, they have to shell them.

Blame falls to Putin. Another war crime for the books.

16 Likes

I love, love, LOVE the comment: “Should we tell them to go fuck themselves? Just in case?”

16 Likes

From a purely vexillological standpoint, the Gasden snake looks great on top of the blue.

2 Likes

This whole thing is just so fucking awful. I have this wild fantasy that some brave FSB security detail guy will decide that being this close to ww3 is a bad idea and just shoots the fucker in the back of the head. But that’s wildly unlikely.

17 Likes

They were the guards’ final words before the Russians killed MURDERED them all.

FIFY

20 Likes

Well, we are at that stage of the glorious and popular reign of the dear leader where he can no longer allow his closest supporters to come within knife-stabbing range of his person. His latest televised meetings with the defense and foreign ministers took place across an enormous table, and in the security council he sits at the opposite side of a big hall from everyone else.

20 Likes

And ammunition. Shells ain’t cheap, I don’t think.

5 Likes

They aren’t. I lived by Ft Riley and you could hear shelling practice some days. One of the guys I paintballed with was stationed there and was like, “Each boom is about $10,000.” Ship launched shells are even larger.

But I hardly think that is the point. Flush with natural gas cash, Russia wants to dominate and strike fear where they can. A few shells is worth creating dread.

Although they just created martyrs which may work against them.

8 Likes

Last night a friend of mine said “what if Zelenskyy just came out before the invasion and said ‘we’re disbanding the army, and giving all the weapons out to every citizen. Including explosives and rocket launchers.’”

Brutal, but it would be like telling Putin he’s getting his own Iraq.

6 Likes

Prayer Please GIF by Rosanna Pansino

7 Likes

They did hand out arms to civilians. Dunno about explosives and rockets. But the plan was to melt back and engage in more guerilla warfare style tactics.

8 Likes

That’s what prompted his comment, but his idea was to do it before the invasion, as a deterrent. Too late now.

“Will you walk into my parlour?” said the Spider to the Fly.

2 Likes

They are passing out 18,000 guns to the people of Kyiv, so…

@Mister44

true romance smile GIF

6 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been reading a lot about reports of his increasing paranoia and derangement. Looking at the last two public addresses he made and that security council meeting, it definitely looks like he’s less composed than usual. To be honest, that’s the part that scares me the most.

7 Likes

Originally published at: Brave Ukrainians tell Russian warship what to go do | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Seizure of all Russian assets around the globe :earth_americas: now. Hurt Putin & his enabler’s in the wallet, money and power is what they prize most.

16 Likes

This incident is already enshrined at Wikipedia. I teared up reading it.

18 Likes

Added to the post. Thanks.

10 Likes

Take these seeds: Ukrainian woman offers seeds to Russian soldiers so 'sunflowers grow when they die' - YouTube

13 Likes

I am saddened this happened, but yeah, Saboton is probably going to write a song about this.

3 Likes