Fireworks wrapper combines gun worship, right-wing Christianity, American flags, and patriotism

I hear that, and will never judge anyone for taking related precautions, that’s for sure. I lost my mom to lung cancer and it scarred me to the point that I’m somewhat neurotically cautious about lung safety. I wear a respirator doing stuff that most people would think is silly, but I feel better about it, so to heck with 'em.

1 Like

Next you’re going to tell me I should stop rubbing bananas all over my body? Whatever, square. I live on the edge and there’s no room out here for you.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :grimacing:

Ugh, so true. Growing up, we never saw flags anywhere. Now any time I do (especially on a truck hanging on someone’s house) you pretty much know they’re the Trucker Convoy people. Which sucks because I am very fond of our flag and would happily put on stuff it if it wouldn’t brand me as a nut job.

There are other similar dogwhistles, like signs and stickers that say vague things about “supporting truckers”. Ten years ago I would see that as simple support for under-appreciated blue collar workers (most of whom are Phillipino, Native, Indian, or Sikh driving trucks here) and been happy to see it. Now I roll my eyes because I know what it really means.

5 Likes

This article discusses how “Jump Around” became a badgers tradition.

Basically an injured player became an intern in the marketing department and was tasked with finding popular songs to play during lulls in the game. He went to a bar, put money in the jukebox and that was one of the songs he picked. Fans responded to the song by jumping up and down, so they kept playing it.

4 Likes

I’m in Hawaii as well. I was surprised at the number of vehicles I would see in the anti-mask/trump supporting unpermitted parade that went around, and I kind of assumed these folks would be out there blowing things up. Guess not. Maybe only the Asian immigrant families have the hook ups for the illegally imported fireworks? I enjoyed the relative quiet. Hope NYE is as quiet (but I’m not holding my breath).

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.