Behold the most excellent first official White House portrait of Melania Trump

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/04/03/first-official-white-house-por.html

8 Likes

No 'shoop?

For shame.

9 Likes

Where is the portrait?

How can a kind of music be “over”?

3 Likes

No.

<seriously, no>

6 Likes

“No right no wrong you’re selling a song,…”

18 Likes

45 Likes

too soon…

8 Likes

29 Likes

Interesting. If you track her eyes, they are slighty off-center, behind the camera. Someone is there, a shadowy, menacing figure, watching her in silent assault. She can’t focus on anything but this spectre, this force of aggression, not even for the millisecond it would take to look into the lens. Whatever this minatory force is, it’s enough to command the scene, unseen.

14 Likes

Not soon enough.

I was in line at the store this weekend and a couple of mid-50’s women were behind me actually “ooohing” at the picture of Melania on some magazine calling her “Their Princess” then they started talking about how Barack’s brother had personally given Donald “Obummer’s” real birth certificate. I’m not even replacing words here. This was actually conversation had by two women. In Public.

30 Likes

She always looks like she’s trying to figure out what you’re saying.

9 Likes

Doesn’t she speak five languages? Maybe she’s just trying to figure out which one?

7 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce you to Exhibit One in the Hall of the Uncanny Valley.

The fixer certainly got their money’s worth out of that Photoshop licence.

20 Likes

I know it’s a bit of a stretch but it reminds my of Astro Ivorys Psychic Circle from the Egyptian Lovers box set commercial.

6 Likes

Jeebers! Will ya look at the size of that rock on her finger?

oh… I think that’s the point of this pose…

:thumbsdown:

11 Likes

Not Mallwave. I think it’s a subgenre of House.

White House.

22 Likes

I didn’t realize MAGA involved bringing back Glamour Shots. Though, it does make sense, the 80’s were the last hurrah of the rust-belt.

Also, for scientific purposes only: https://www.google.ca/search?q=glamor+shots&source=lnms&tbm=isch

8 Likes

Like this?

20 Likes

The most shocking thing about this portrait is that Melania Trump was actually at the White House long enough for a picture to be taken.

36 Likes

This look like it belongs in one of those decades-old books of example hairstyles laying around at my local Cost Cutters.

16 Likes