First Perseverance photo from Mars!

Originally published at: First Perseverance photo from Mars! | Boing Boing

14 Likes

This is going to be the mission that FINALLY discovers evidence of past life, fossils or something else. Mark my words.

9 Likes

:: scribbles all over words :: Consider them marked. :smiley:

16 Likes

[Self-plagiarizing from previous thread…]

34 Likes

Never mind the photos, turn on the microphone and play us the sounds of Mars!

10 Likes
16 Likes

“You’re on Mute.
Percy. PERCY!!
You’re on MUTE!
PERCY!!
Dammit…”

20 Likes

These pictures are SO 14 minutes ago.

11 Likes

::Approaching fine gravel sounds::
Seismic Disturbance!
::Klunk sound::
::Retreating fine gravel sounds::

3 Likes

One of the Viking lander scientists still thinks that thing picked up signs of life, but it’s obviously not the consensus opinion (although not disproven either):

3 Likes

Oh crap I think they may have landed in a No Parking Zone.

2 Likes

How come ebay doesn’t accept photos as proof the seller sent something completely different? For all we can tell, the package was delivered to a completely different location in the same crater.

3 Likes

Looks like the same shit we saw from 1976. I really can’t be that interested in these Mars missions until we see something different.

The may be good at rocket building but clearly they know NOTHING about landscape photography :frowning:

1 Like

Well, I mean, there’s not much surprising about the place. It’s like expecting to get a different shot in the middle of an ocean. It’s all going to look the same.

1 Like

Look! Black and white photos of sand and rocks, only faster!

2 Likes

The thing I think would really do it would be to see full HD video. That’d be super neat, but also probably not the best use of the money.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that be amazing?!

1 Like

C’mon give them a break, at least it’s not in portrait mode.

5 Likes

Is that a hrossa in the background?

1 Like