Fish reportedly "happier" after Brexit, claims leader of British House of Commons

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/15/fish-reportedly-happier-after-brexit-claims-leader-of-british-house-of-commons.html

8 Likes
26 Likes

Rees-Mogg is a parody of himself. And a travesty of a human being.

29 Likes

They were British fish before as well! It’s just that they also were Europeans and had the right to live and work in 29 European countries rather than just two. (They could work as a poisson or a pesce if they so preferred)

Those two identities weren’t mutually exclusive!

30 Likes

The fish recognise rees-mogg as one of their own. A fucking tasteless bottom-feeder.

15 Likes

Specifically in Scotland I would say there is evidence that they are happier as due to leaving the single market some Scottish producers can’t export fish. I assume if they can’t sell they don’t catch. So this may be the time that the cosplaying Moggie is right.

19 Likes

I recognize the classic conservative thinking. Such statements are emotional tripe for that particularly bankrupt type of nationalism, chauvinistic patriotism. It reveals the broken thought process of self-described conservatives and the natural path these people follow to jingoism.

13 Likes

It’s okay to eat fish
Cause they don’t have any feelings

In that way they are like Jacob Rees-Mogg

14 Likes

Chips could not be reached for comment.

14 Likes

Says a man with the dead eyes of a shark.

7 Likes

amber-ruffin-what-confused

12 Likes

Renton-fish: “It’s shite being Scots-fish!”

10 Likes

If this is from someone who administers the country I can only imagine how stupid the country is to create someone that daft.

I say this still with British relatives, who are rather nice folk.

8 Likes

He’s a parody of a travesty.

10 Likes

Exactly right. It’s easy (and fun!) to joke about this, but you’re absolutely right that it’s horseshit like this that feeds a kind of entitled angry d-bag.

7 Likes

‘It’s also not clear what happens to these Happy British fish if they swim beyond the imaginary lines drawn by humans through the Irish Sea, North Sea, Celtic Sea, or English Channel.’

If they’re true British fish then they will form an orderly queue at the border and tut loudly at the inefficiencies of foreigners in expediting their travel whilst reminding one another not to drink the water whilst abroad.

16 Likes

If you think the British are out there, you should check out the United States. Hoo-boy!

7 Likes

Oh yeah we’re way worse trust me I live here

5 Likes

That x1000.

2 Likes

After reading the first part of the headline, I thought it was about this dude, but he is pro-Scottish independence and he certainly can’t be happy about it:

5 Likes