Fish reportedly "happier" after Brexit, claims leader of British House of Commons

Jacob Rees-Mogg

8 Likes

As a brit, and being from yorkshire, I must say that Rees-Mogg is an absolute arsehole

14 Likes

The fish may well be ecstatic, i wouldn’t know, i don’t speak for fish but the hauliers, ferry firms and suppliers may not be feeling so happy right now. If you voted for this mess then fuck you.

10 Likes

Let’s ask David Attenborough.

2 Likes

Must disagree… should be tasting the bottoms he feeds off with with a sensitive pallet as he descends into the circles of shit he has descended into.
(too strong?)

2 Likes

“Bloop bloop bloop bloop-bloop?” they said, unwilling as the rest of their country folk to learn any foreign languages.

7 Likes

Of course the fish are happier. The ravens are all leaving.

1 Like

These Onion articles are getting a bit out of school.

(I’m here all week, folks. Try the haddock.)

3 Likes

Obligatory:

4 Likes

Laugh all you want, but what few people know is that Jacob Rees-Mogg has the ability to talk to fish. He has been interviewing fish in the North Sea for weeks to make this claim.

4 Likes

I caught this one trawling with me inter net.

and again:

4 Likes

Don’t say that. Nanny will be sad.

6 Likes

I wish he was a parody. (Thats nanny for those who don’t know)

5 Likes
1 Like

That’s an unforgivable insult to absolute arseholes.

5 Likes

He took his nanny to university with him. Annunziata, his younger sister, has never forgiven him for that.

5 Likes

His pathetically glib remark was on the back of the entire fishing industry being on it’s knees after the (pre-warned by everybody) disastrous consequences of the ideological version of Brexit the Tories wanted. If we’d done the Norway option (one of the least bad versions) or stayed inside the customs union this wouldn’t have happened.

5 Likes

This remark was made in response to questions about the tonnes of fish the Uk fishermen had to dump in a landfill because as predicted there is no local market for them, they could not export them fresh quickly enough, and there is no local industry to process them.

But they are happy fish, happy, rotten, killed for nothing, worthless, dumped in a landfill happy.

(Not so) Fun Fact: This catch still counts against their quota!

6 Likes

Fucking tory scum. rees-mogg is one of their very worst.

4 Likes

He’s still got tough opposition in the form of IDS and Priti Patel.

10 Likes