Fishermen spot a half-ton of cocaine floating in the ocean

Originally published at: Fishermen spot a half-ton of cocaine floating in the ocean | Boing Boing

7 Likes

If authorities were actually making any headway in the War in Drugs then these kinds of finds would be ever rarer as the effort went on, not ever more frequent.

11 Likes

I imagine that bad things happened to the smugglers who dumped it.

2 Likes

Or possibly a sense of self-preservation, as in “I’d have to be an idiot to try to resell something that the original owners might come looking for”.

Find a dime bag, it’s your lucky day. Find a million dollars worth, too bad for you.

8 Likes

It could also speak to a training issue with drug smuggling staff.

Geez. Always losing their drugs in the sea.

Amateurs.

7 Likes

They just prevented a half-dozen dolphins from becoming hedge fund managers.

31 Likes

Wow, brings back the 80’s. I miss the music, not the cocaine.

9 Likes

Part of the business. Huge profit margins, but some packages get lost on the way. Depends on why it was lost. If they had to dump the cargo because the military wanted to search their boat they should be OK. If someone just forgot to tie a knot properly, on the other hand…

8 Likes

I think you mean “fishermen spot a certain amount of cocaine floating in the ocean, turn in 1/2 ton of it, also mysteriously and coincidentally spend several days talking a lot of shit to each other about how awesome they are fishing without sleeping or eating”.

16 Likes

Didn’t they watch “No Country for Old Men”! They should pretend they never saw it and leave immediately. You don’t want Javier Bardem tracking you.

5 Likes

index

13 Likes

Now there is a fish story!
I once caught a shitload of cocaine that was this big!
>----------------------------------O--------------------------------<

6 Likes
7 Likes
4 Likes

Came here to say the same thing. Brilliant and funny film.

4 Likes

After learning about how vicious coca growers and producers treat the local population I really hate the current drug use. I’ve heard enough from my time in Peru to despise narcotraffickers and their methods from start to finish. I really wouldn’t care about the use of coke if weren’t for the pain and destruction inflicted on poor land owners and villagers. Get rid of the criminal element and start a growers collective of local farmers. Then let people toot till their snoot falls off…

7 Likes

i miss both.

Fortunately, I can still enjoy the music.
I’m too dang old and have NO desire to ‘enjoy’ the whiff anymore.
ALSO - I would like my 80’s hair back, – not 2021 hair ON my back. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

5 Likes

They can weave that onto your head now…

4 Likes

always on the lookout for “Square Grouper” here in the keys. shit’s always floatin’ around out there.
guarantee you DON’T wanna bring it on board. send coordinates to FWC, Coast Guard and most importantly,
don’t touch that shit!

5 Likes

The Summer of the Canned Marijuana…

3 Likes