Florida chiropractor signing hundreds of medical exemptions for kids to not wear masks at school

Absolutely.

D. D. Palmer, “founder” of Chiropractic:

• was an avid proponent of various other forms of pseudoscientific alternative medicine such as magnetic healing
  • opposed anything he thought to be associated with mainstream medicine such as vaccination
  • He suggested that if any one organ was affected by an illness, it merely must not be receiving its normal “nerve supply”
16 Likes

There’s no evidence chiro works at all (except lower back pain, and evidence isn’t solid). Any MD practicing chiro (especially for non-lower-backpain-treatments) should have their license medical license taken. Presenting as an MD is giving their chiro treatments undue validity. It’s totally unethical.

2 Likes
1 Like

As an engineer, I can’t wait to move to Florida and start making money from my extensive knowledge of medicine!

…is about how stupid it sounds that chiropractors are allowed to have any legally-binding opinion on respiratory health matters.

6 Likes

I like to see where my feet are going when I run. In fact, I sprained my ankle soon after receiving my second dose. Not wearing a mask might have saved me from a week or two of pain.

I’m disgusted that quacks like chiropractors are still allowed to do anything even vaguely like practicing medicine.

3 Likes

A key observation I had when going to doctors versus Chiropractors is that doctors don’t typically try to upsell you on services.

5 Likes

Mmm, no they just tell you that you better go take some expensive tests that probably won’t address your concerns, but “just to be sure”.

Or write you a script for the hottest newest - non generic - drug, when the one that has been on the market for 30 years would work as well (possibly better) and cost you much less. I am sure the mountain of promo materials with said drug name on it is just a coincidence.

Of course, NAD, YMMV.

4 Likes

IDK if Doctors have changed or I’ve just found good ones, but I’ve found this not to be the case anymore. Now my doctor does probably order more tests than necessary, but I give him a pass on that because he was also my dad’s doctor years ago and if he wasn’t so damn thorough, they would not have discovered my dad’s cancer til much later and we wouldn’t have had time to have the family come visit him one last time, and for him to get everything in order he wanted to.

But I take a lot of meds, and its been a long time since I’ve been prescribed any new hotness by any of my doctors. They don’t have stacks of pharma merch around much anymore. About 15 years ago, I remember calling and asking doctors to prescribe something cheaper.

7 Likes

Chiropractor stages Super Spreader Event. :+1:

@WoolyBugger “…upsell you on services…” I went to a Chiropractor once, and left with aluminium siding.

12 Likes

Probably causing a magical “subluxation” that can’t be imaged, but can be rearranged forcefully…

Or maybe I’m thinking it alters your chi flow or F’s with one of your chakras… so hard to keep track of it all.

3 Likes

FUCK!

Again, Damn actually having some semblance of ethics! I could be making a killing if I pretended to be a Qnut!

11 Likes

The “valid legitimate condition” would seem to be the amount of cash in parents’ wallets. :thinking:

9 Likes

It is no where near universal. And yes, they made some reforms on how drug reps can peddle their wares.

But while I really like my new doc, the one previous to me cost me an arm and a leg, and I stuck with him as I feared trying to switch would get me labeled as a drug shopper to fill scripts. :confused:

3 Likes

Kind of similar to my experience. I went to one because I needed my achilles tendons stretched out, and I reckoned it was maybe 20 bucks cheaper with my insurance to go to a Chiro than a Massage therapist.

I told them, I only needed the tendon work. But they insisted they could not do that without an assessment. The assessment (surprise!) found lots of bad things which need fixing! They wanted to me to try (for free) an alignment. Again, super pushy, didn’t want to let me go without it.

It’s like going to a dodgy mechanic.

11 Likes

That’s when they put those little weights on your wheels, isn’t it? :grin:

6 Likes

You get my like, but no. That’s wheel balancing.

5 Likes

But masks inhibit the consumption of my cancer-curing essential oils and homeopathic remedies!

5 Likes

Rand Paul?

6 Likes

Can I offer you a thought or prayer in these trying times?

5 Likes