Florida cop accuses Burger King of putting dirt on his burger. It was seasoning.

And let some peon address you by your first name?

6 Likes

I make a custom seasoning blend to give my burgers that fast-food taste (it’s 40% MSG) that I call “sand” because … well, it looks like sand. Wouldn’t take much tweaking to get it to look like dirt.

9 Likes

oh, you should have left the label on

hashtag sandwich artist with top hat and deck of cards makes cops nervous.

3 Likes

Now if you’re a Burger King employee and you want to serve a cop a protest burger, go with a free bacon cheeseburger without bacon. When the cop asks “where’s the bacon?”, you reply with some snarky remark, like “the bacon is holding the burger!”

5 Likes

It’s highly likely there were several brown people behind the counter. So to McCormick they were already guilty of something as soon as he saw them.

He policed his food just like he polices the residents of his town.

4 Likes

Just about every restaurant I worked at gave uniformed cops free food. I have never been under any illusion that it’s not a straight up bribe. “Oh, no, your moneys no good here” type of thing. It’s always just one or two cops that the restaurant had built a relationship with. If the cop that came in brought in more then a few other police officers, they would insist on paying, but when they were by themselves, never.
Most times the payoff for the restaurant was incredibly fast response times if they did have to call 911. If the cop you were feeding for free was on duty, they would almost always be the first ones there. If they were not on duty, the other police usually knew that it was an officers territory and they would make sure to take care of things.
The other benefit usually, but not always, was fixing shit. “Oh, your dumbass cook got nailed for driving dirty, give me his name, ss# and DOB and I’ll get it taken care of” I’ve seen all sorts of traffic violations fixed this way, expired license/tags, no insurance, speeding, DUI’s whatever. Lot’s of minor drug charges fixed for employees too. Usually the big ones that wouldn’t get fixed were gun charges, sometimes they would get iffy about any violent charges. Of course if your bouncer beat the shit out of anyone, it was never the bouncers fault, no matter how violent the bouncer got.
The worst was this skeezy bar owner. Horrible pig of a man. Would loudly tell anyone about how much he fetishized a certain nationality of women. So he hired a new 19 year old cocktail waitress who was that nationality. His ex wife was also the same nationality. So after the new girl worked a couple of months, he stole his ex-wife’s passport and used it to fly the cocktail waitress to _______. (Because gag according to him, they all looked alike) His ex-wife realized that he had stolen the passport and called the police. When the plane landed at home, he got “arrested” in the terminal of the airport. His only punishment was that all the cops and restaurant/bar owners in the neighborhood teased him for about a year for being a dumbass. No fine, no court date, nothing.
The messed up thing, that wasn’t the big stuff I learned about corrupt cops. The big stuff was so unbelievably stupid it made the national news. Then it got drug out for years and eventually all the cops involved got promotions.

23 Likes

Why would he expect them to put dirt on his food? I say he’s got a guilty conscience and a thick Internal Affairs file on how he treats certain citizens like dirt.

11 Likes

He has a Facebook under a fake name and refused to give the server his name for his order? Kinda seems like he doesn’t want people knowing what he does.

4 Likes

Most of the cops I’ve known have all been paranoid that cooks and waitstaff are going to mess with their food. It seems to be a really common fear around police departments.

3 Likes

McCormick didn’t recognize his own seasoning? There are alternative options, but McCormick seasonings are pretty good.

5 Likes

You actually add MSG to your food to make it taste like fast food? Holy hell, when can I come to dinner? That is of course based on the assumption you won’t put dirt in my food.

6 Likes

With this kinds of stupidity, the title deserves to be changed to Florida gentleman cop

1 Like

Dirt is seasoning. Or did my mother lie to me? :scream_cat:

10 Likes

In the words of a childhood acquaintance “God made dirt, so dirt don’t hurt.”

:woman_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

It’s all-purpose - like Shimmer Floor Wax. My brothers used it like liquid bandage if they got a scrape, while I used it for pies and my first attempts at sculpture. Good times…

3 Likes

Montreal Steak Seasoning in fried eggs/omelettes for the win!

2 Likes

in uniform?

Unpossible. /s

1 Like
1 Like