Florida judge, hand-picked by Trump, sets his trial date six months before 2024 election

I was really hoping he was going to get some coal in his little stocking.
fred armisen lol GIF by IFC

4 Likes

It’s another example of the USA’s Tale of Two Justice Systems. There’s a justice system for the rich and connected, who rarely spend any time in jail between arrest and trial; and everybody else, who mostly spend many months or even years in jail before their trial due to the cash bail system, a lack of public defenders, and the overload of the court system.

8 Likes

I guess in this hypothetical scenario, he appointed them by accident?

5 Likes

The Federalist Society put them on the list by mistake.

3 Likes

… but what if it turns out it’s been Giuliani, Bannon, and Miller in a trench coat all this time :thinking:

4 Likes

Yup. Gotta love the Republican talking point that they have been repeating non-stop complaining about this.

12 Likes

My hope is that he spends all of 2024 tied up in this hearing, or that court appearance, or in that deposition so he doesn’t have time to campaign. And that his finances suffer for it.

3 Likes

I hope the next judge deems him a flight risk and denies bail. Especially in light of the severity of the next indictment.

4 Likes

You feel free to give up, and the rest of us will keep figuring out ways to move forward, primarily without resorting to violence other than defensive.

4 Likes

Right!? I’m not giving up my life to take to the streets in violence as a sacrifice on the altar of political and ideological cults until the DOJ and the whole damned apparatus actually fails in this case to act to defend/protect Democracy and every god damned bone of its carcass is broken. Until then it’s worth defending to some degree imo. There’s a lot that can go better than that between now and then. Maybe not great but better than “dead in a fire.”

2 Likes

No.

If you want to live under “a government of law, not men” then you don’t get there by ignoring the law, unless it’s part of an ideological protest against an unjust law.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.