Florida man allegedly stole $30,000 in live turtles while fixing a breeder's refrigerator

Originally published at: Florida man allegedly stole $30,000 in live turtles while fixing a breeder's refrigerator | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Nothing worse than a “turtle perp”.

3 Likes

I’ve never understood why people steal things like this. If they’re worth $30k from a known breeder, that must end up being next to nothing on the black market. Like, do you know a turtle fence already or was the plan to just walk into a PetSmart?

:man_facepalming:t2:

8 Likes

They have an office turtle.

I am really working in the wrong profession.

7 Likes

These animals would actually have significant value due to species rarity etc…

Maybe not quite as much as if they came from a reputable breeder, but I wouldn’t be surprised if someone was able to sell them for 75-80% of what the known guy was charging.

Depending on species rarity, it may be hard to sell them though. As you can imagine, there are a lot of uncommon/rare species that only a few people breeds. One of them being sold means either 1) someone is re-selling one that they bought from one of these few breeders or 2) one of these breeders is selling or 3) it’s stolen.

4 Likes

He was feeling a bit peckish?

2 Likes

47? So probably not this kid grown up.

i like turtles GIF

4 Likes

Wrong topic

Oh Floridaman…
Hero and villian alike, you never fail to astound us with your exploits.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.