Florida man arrested after missing 16-year-old girl's World of Warcraft account comes online at his house

Originally published at: Florida man arrested after missing 16-year-old girl's World of Warcraft account comes online at his house - Boing Boing

3 Likes

Looks like the authorities found Waldo.

9 Likes

Lock him up, and delete all his WoW characters.

8 Likes

That poor kid. She doesn’t deserve that, nor that creep.

8 Likes

believe me, those assholes in tallahasee are working on lowering that.
:rage:

3 Likes

Yikes! Funny how the net always knows.
Waldo gonna find out what jail feels like for sure. Right? I mean it is FL (I too was surprised that the age of consent was so high, given FL) but this should land Romeo here a good stretch of time.

Oh wait, he planned to marry her. Errr, all good? We need a follow-up bot for BB that notifies BB when this aahole is convicted.

1 Like

The other charges make sense, but “sheltering” an unmarried minor is a crime? I wonder what the legal definition of sheltering is.

2 Likes

I thought “sheltering” had another meaning that it didn’t know, but no, (IANAL) it seems to intend to punish those try to help a minor escape a bad environment without the consent of the abusers.

https://m.flsenate.gov/statutes/984.085

84.085 Sheltering unmarried minors; aiding unmarried minor runaways; violations.—

(1)(a) A person who is not an authorized agent of the Department of Juvenile Justice or the Department of Children and Families may not knowingly shelter an unmarried minor for more than 24 hours without the consent of the minor’s parent or guardian or without notifying a law enforcement officer of the minor’s name and the fact that the minor is being provided shelter.

(b) A person may not knowingly provide aid to an unmarried minor who has run away from home without first contacting the minor’s parent or guardian or notifying a law enforcement officer. The aid prohibited under this paragraph includes assisting the minor in obtaining shelter, such as hotel lodgings.

6 Likes

Wow. and here I hate the “unmarried minor” specification :rage:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.