Florida man dies in bedroom from exploding e-cigarette

I was coming here to say approximately the same thing, but with pictures.

1 Like

They might like it.

2 Likes

Personally? No worse than cigarette smoke. Really I consider it miles more pleasant than cig smoke. Plus, everyone is breathing everyone else’s air all the time, especially if you work in an office.

5 Likes

Maybe they should make electric vaping hookas, placing batteries a safer distance away from the vaper.

Or maybe you could just stick a vacumn cleaner hose in your mouth, flip it in reverse and blow the dustbin into your lungs. It might be healthier, and more fun!

Came here to say the same, although admittedly I was going to be much snarkier about it.

Your office needs an air filtration system upgrade then.

1 Like

Much like Kenny, I suspect Florida Man has quite a few gruesome deaths left in him.

4 Likes

Did someone say mobile phone?

Just wait until you find out about breathing.

3 Likes

Well, that’s a start…

Invironment

That being said, when I pass smokers or share air on packed buses I generally conclude most of my aversion is more personal than rational!

2 Likes

A person is dead. Keep joking, it’s your right, but if this man were from any other state, a lot of you wouldn’t be so callous. Enjoy your tired meme.

2 Likes

id still rather the occasional cigarette cloud than the all too frequent car exhaust.

nothing’s worse than breathing in air that was just in somebody else’s engine.

3 Likes

Diesel exhaust is the worst. I swear I can feel it clogging up my lungs for half an hour after a bus passes.

2 Likes

Well, how do you unlock your phone?

I think part of the rationale for vaping is to mark your exhalations so others know that they have to breathe your exhaled air. We all do that of course, but making a big deal of it is a way to mark one’s territory.

@LDoBe

Diesel exhaust is the worst.

Yes, as a bike commuter I agree. we shouldn’t be allowing diesel engines in any vehicle which don’t need it.

Incidentally I comment thread the other day about diesel engines in light aircraft which run on Jet-A. I am not sure how I feel about that. Surely Jet-A should be cleaner than raw diesel oil.

1 Like

quark-but-why

I mean, do people just not have real hobbies?

6 Likes

Hey, it IS a REAL hobby. One that one may not understand, but a hobby none-the-less.

1 Like

We’re gonna have to agree to disagree, my friend.

DS9-sisko-nah

6 Likes

Wow I’m just amazed so many people don’t think about breathing the disgusting air exhaled by the random humans nearby every time they are near several people. I do. Vape or no vape. It’s a fog of exhaled air and body fluids… everywhere.

I’m… not a people person. But when I do I just go in with wild abandon because if I think about one thing I’ll think about all the others. I’m pretty sure this is what makes drinking a social thing for me. I gotta drink the fear and disgust away so my immune system can shine.

1 Like