Florida man tries to have sex with Olaf from "Frozen" and a stuffed unicorn in a Target

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/31/florida-man-tries-to-have-sex.html

1 Like

Have a little class, Florida man! Consent is sexy!

But I mean, I get it. Who wouldn’t want a piece of that hot snowman?

12 Likes

I guess it also boils down to whether you’re a carrot or a stick kind of guy…

21 Likes

In Target? Was the Walmart closed?

19 Likes

I was wondering if they’d use the “nice kid with a promising future, from a good family” defense. Then I looked at his picture.

5 Likes

My favorite thing in this story, actually, is the totally unnecessary inclusion of the modifier “wildly successful” to describe Frozen.

7 Likes

Does the defendant have a history of mental issues? I’ve not followed this story, but a quick Google brings up the arresting officers paperwork, and that doesn’t point to “mental health” being an issue.

Of course, this might be something that is covered when the case makes it to court.

4 Likes

53F - at 2pm in Florida in October. Ummmm, no. We haven’t hit below 80 durinjg the day the past week, have set record highs in October (again) this year…

10/22/2019 - St. Petersburg Florida (not Russia), high was 86, low was 78

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/st-petersburg/33712/october-weather/3-332287_1_al

4 Likes

5c9905272b982ffc4d1c1782

7 Likes

I’m imagining that’s what’s printed on all their “Welcome to Saint Petersburg” signs.

10 Likes

Or the other way around - in Russia they don’t want to be associated with FL either.

12 Likes

I’m imagining that’s what it says on the signs for Mar-A-Lago.

19 Likes

Okay, do you have any proof that this guy is an escaped “mental patient”, or is that the only excuse that you could shoehorn into your narrow 19th-century worldview?

8 Likes

Per FAQ - Boing Boing BBS

Do not make assumptions as to anyone’s mental state, race, gender, ethnicity, religious beliefs, group affiliation or sexual orientation without corroboration.

Emphasis mine. I don’t care how well-intentioned your handwringing is, you’re doing damage and promoting myths about mental illness. So don’t.

14 Likes

The only reference in the article to it is his father’s statement that he “has a history of this type of behavior.” That doesn’t mean he’s ‘deranged’ or a ‘mental patient’, it could mean he’s a horny dude without boundaries or prone to impulse actions, or that he really likes plush. I went to high school with a guy prone to inappropriate masturbation. Not a great habit, and he needed therapy to resolve his impulses, but he wasn’t ‘deranged’.

3 Likes

TMFM (too much florida man)

5 Likes

9 Likes

I was thinking at there have got to be folk out there who are as “normal” as you or I, who have a thing for fluffy toy animals. Maybe poor impulse control?

At least the story has a happy ending.

8 Likes

I should note that a very popular R-rated superhero franchise includes scenes of intimacy with a fluffy toy unicorn.
sei_429380

6 Likes