Florida Man wanted for stealing pile of valuable Lynyrd Skynyrd memorabilia

Originally published at: Florida Man wanted for stealing pile of valuable Lynyrd Skynyrd memorabilia | Boing Boing

4 Likes

If I comment here tomorrow…

14 Likes

A lot of them aren’t even alive anymore,"

Wow really? What happened…

10 Likes

Little known fact: Skynyrd were really from Florida not Alabama.

5 Likes

There’s a chance that Florida Man could get away Free as a Bird, but it’s a very small chance.

7 Likes

They might not even be from Florida.They could be heading back to sweet home Alabama.

3 Likes

Shouldn’t that read “Southern Man wanted for…”?

14 Likes

of course it’s in a trailer, of course it is

6 Likes

and it is that trailer that is worth $12,000, not the garbage inside it.

4 Likes

hate on them for being southern white guys who displayed confederate flags, sure, but no matter what it’s a shitty thing to steal memorabilia destined for a cancer charity auction.

14 Likes

The thieves are demanding 78,000 natty light pulltabs to be exchanged for the goods behind the Dollar General that’s 2 minutes off the interstate.

6 Likes

valuable Lynyrd Skynyrd memorabilia

Ha ha ha…no.

When I read “pile of Lynyrd Skynyrd,” I did not expect the next word to be “memorabilia.”

1 Like

I can’t respond to their white heritage and the violence that “some” folk who have beat me up prescribe to - outsider from the US… I kinda liked their music (Sweet Home Alabama) because of the feel of the music…

I very much like Robbie Fulks and his ironic take and musical talent in telling a more nuanced story. Here he mashes up Leonard Cohen and Lynyrd Skynyrd to “bring together and not divide”:

2 Likes

PLAY FREEBIRD! Yeehaa!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.