Florida nixes concealed carry for the zombpocalypse

[Permalink]

Your tax dollars at work!

2 Likes

If Left 4 Dead has taught me anything, it’s that molotov cocktails and machetes will be the way to go, not handguns.

1 Like

If society has fallen to a disaster on the scale of a zombie apocalypse who exactly would be left to enforce these rules?

Zombie apocolypse has always been code for Obama presidency, even before they knew there was a specific person named Barack Obama.

Zombie cops?

I’ve covered this before. One of the new model Ruger 10/22 rifles is the perfect anti zombie weapon. Shot placement and volume is everything. .22lr to the brain is all you need. A 10/22 can shoot 1" groups at 100 yards with ease. Combine that with 25 round magazines, and the fact you can hump 1000 round around at the fraction of the weight of even a 9mm, means you are in it for the long haul.

1 Like

Good luck finding .22 ammo these days. You’d be better off with .223/5.56, as you can use that on the remaining uninfected humans as well as the zombies. Head shots for all!

1 Like

I don’t get it. Zombies are stupid, they don’t care if it weapons are concealed or not.

5 Likes

Current ZA fav:

Perfectly suited for years of undead-chopping action in post-apocalyptic Xanth.

2 Likes

Yeah - one would need to stock up before hand. Or find a house where a guy has it stacked to the ceiling. They pump out over a million rounds of .22lr a day - it’s just being hoarded.

Hoarded? Why and by whom?

Late 2012/Early 2013 there was a huge spike in gun and ammo sales due to political rumblings from the Newton shooting. Some of it was founded, much of it was a blind panic.

30 round magazines going for $10-15, were now $30-50. A $1000 AR15 could have easily been sold for $2000. There were extreme cases of where some guy sold a magazine for $80, or a $1000 rifle for $3000. It was nuts. It was compounded by the fact that a lot of this was “first time buyer” sales who didn’t know the prices well.

Ammo was the same way, flying off the shelves. Gun makers scrambled to keep up, often times being bottle necked by the fact that one place made a part used by 20 other manufacturers. Ammo manufacturers ramped up as well.

Now for the most part things have settled down. The gun prices have returned down to earth, and while ammo is still more than it was a few years ago, it’s price has basically returned to reasonable. While something might be difficult to find the day you want it, within a week or so you should be able to find what you want.

The exception seems to be rimfire .22lr. I haven’t seen any on a shelf other than high end target ammo or over priced bulk stuff at a shop in over a year. Places like sporting good stores and walmart get their stock in in the morning and it’s gone within the hour even with limits set on how much you can buy. One can easily turn around and flip it for 50-100% more than what you just paid. So part of the shortage is compounded by the fact that it is scarce and people will buy even if they don’t need any - because, you know, it’s scarce.

1 Like

Citation needed.

See e.g. @Mister44, comment, BoingBoing [2014]

The thing that strikes me as odd in this case is to look for events that would have led the blind panic purchasers to think that it was likely or even possible for Obama to take their guns or ammo away (which is how I interpret “political rumblings”). People line up at gas stations when supplies run low because long-term shortages have happened before (and at a low rate of recurrence at that), but the government seizing small arms from the populace on a large scale…well, it just doesn’t happen unless one happens to have 500 boxes of cosmolined M-16s buried in their back yard.
In short, I take your explanation as authoritative, although I believe the shortage is due more to ignorance and racism than simple political rumblings.

The .22 Savage target model would look nicer as a zombie killer, and with the Accu-trigger’s .5lbs of pull, it might as well have a “Zombies B Ded” sticker on the stock.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.