Florida passes bill to allow fertilizer waste to be used in new road construction

Originally published at: Florida passes bill to allow fertilizer waste to be used in new road construction | Boing Boing

5 Likes

The long and glowing road
That leads to your door
Will never disappear
I’ve seen that road before
It always leads me here
Lead me to your door

8 Likes

“No environmentally conscious or ‘green’ governor worth his salt would ever sign a bill into law approving roadbuilding with radioactive materials,”

So DeSantis has already signed a law requiring Disney to use it for roads around the park, right? :angry:

14 Likes

Desantis: that’s ok. we are going to use prison chain gangs to spread the stuff around.

11 Likes

While the road to hell is paved with good intentions, the road to FL is (apparently) paved in toxic shit.

Yeah. That checks.

15 Likes

But think of the savings in not needing to add streetlights at night.

11 Likes

Law firms around the country are already salivating over the coming class action suits by road construction workers.

Shamefully, this is a more likely outcome than this insanity being shut down for their (and the environment’s) protection.

objection lawyer

10 Likes

Here we go again!
Desantis allowed the release of poison into Tampa Bay. Thousands of dead fish everywhere. The bay has still not recovered.
He’ll say, his scientist, don’t see it as a problem.
Now he’s gonna let them put radioactive material in the ground.
After the devastation he’ll say it wasn’t caused by the roads.
Follow the money flow. It will flow to Desantis and his campaigns. for President
No way will I vote for this guy as President.

11 Likes

Welcome aboard!

7 Likes

And I was going more for the self heating / snow melt approach, which ironically doesn’t really make sense in Flordia.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure that @StatusQuo is making a joke…

I also don’t think anyone here is agreeing with Desantis on this or is ignoring the environmental damage his administration is doing… like, see one of our FL mutants below me, who replied to you…

5 Likes

you are absolutely correct saying tha he will duck out of any environmental harm by pointing to dubious “scientists” to say it has nothing to do with the highly toxic material buried into roads.
and welcome, comrade neighbor!
i too, will work to see that MoRon never gets near the Whitehouse!

7 Likes

Already beat you to that one in another thread, in a post which started as a joke, but before I’d hit Reply seemed rather plausible.

5 Likes

Welcome to BoingBoing

Joining Welcome Home GIF

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s affecting The Onion too (according to the meme.)

5 Likes

tenor

Bilbo Nope

Max No

giphy-downsized

Minion ehh no

no

no-girl-no

Nope - Doctor Who

nope no no no

cat-nope-nope-nope-nope-smoler

frozen-olaf-nope

no no no nope hell no

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.