Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz investigated over relationship with 17 year old girl

It’s still owned by Univision. It was started by Henry Louis Gates, though.

11 Likes

It’s owned by the venture capitalists who own Univision and has been one of many assets which was plundered by its management.

8 Likes

Ugh. And we wonder why we can’t have nice things…

11 Likes

And @Mangochin

Thanks. At least they still let the writers punch up at “wypipo.”

9 Likes

They do have America’s foremost wypipologist on staff, so…

21 Likes

Nah the vulture capital guys bought the whole Gizmodo/Onion group off Univision. Which had Univision’s “Fusion” web effort bolted into it. Not Univision as a whole. Then they put the guy who gutted Forbes and turned it into in a pop up ad factory in charge. He was also involved in destroying Newsweek and tanking Playboy.

Univision is still Univision, they just gave up on innernets after badly fucking up the whole project and dumping the remains for song.

9 Likes

Suggestions when I start typing a URL while on this page: Sex Tourism and Prostitution in Thailand

Does the internet know more than has been reported…

3 Likes

This has aged well.

25 Likes

Thanks for the correction. I figured I missed something there.

1 Like

Easy enough to miss. That shit was complicated and messy. Still is.

3 Likes

LOL. Though reading that I assumed he meant the “Canadian girlfriend” he had in 5th grade. But now, I am not so sure…

7 Likes

Depends on if you think “honkie” is an ethnic slur.

Exactly. Racism against white people is still racism, but Barrett Brown’s phrase (describing Jonathan Franzen as a wannabe King of the Honkies is just too funny to pass over.

2 Likes

Looks like it’s time to unpack “reverse racism” again. Take it away, Aamer!

10 Likes

Even though racism isn’t the topic at hand, thanks for reposting.

It’s weird how some people seem to want to discuss anything but the actual subject, which is that Matt Gaetz is likely a sexual predator as well an an amoral douchebag.

27 Likes

This. This. This. Please Dear God and the media, stop referring to it as a “relationship with a 17 year old.” He is accused of statutory rape of a 17 year old girl. Effing WRITE THAT.

23 Likes

Rep. Matt Gaetz’s communications director resigns amid probe into allegations regarding Gaetz’s sexual relationships - ABC News (go.com)

Rats deserting sinking ship. Absolutely predictable. More to follow, no doubt.

22 Likes

11th-doc-this|nullxnull

21 Likes

I watched some video titled “shocking developments in Matt Gaetz story” and really was not shocked. I cannot remember what the shocking part was however one of the interesting bits was the suggestion that lawyer(s) had been approached by Gaetz and had refused to take him as a client.

6 Likes

I’m guessing most lawyers decline to be paid in hotel rooms and plane fare, nor do they take Apple Pay.

7 Likes

Honestly, it might be the likelihood that they’d be paid illegally with campaign funds.

13 Likes