'Flynn Doesn't Matter,' says TPM's Josh Marshall, 'This Is About Trump'

Being born in '75 in the States, I was only tangentially aware of how scared all the adults seemed back then; mostly it came across subliminally via the pop culture and media.

I know that; hence my use of the term as pejorative to attempt to describe how fear has been used as a tool to control the masses.

Same as it ever was.

4 Likes

I remember ‘duck and cover’. We didn’t go under our desks however. We went into the hallways and did it by the lockers. Which actually made sense, since this was Tulsa. Tornado Alley. With tornados, duck and cover made complete sense.

4 Likes

Which includes his entourage, also the Secret Service detail.

1 Like

It’s not just the guys out there. It is us.
It is our belief in representative democracy, in the power of negotiations, diplomacy, international multilateral cooperation and contracts. It is who we vote for and what we stand up for. It is our engagement in the public space, in the community, and, FFS, maybe even ‘on the internet’.

That said, I already withdrew from all larger social networks because I couldn’t cope with the amount of polarisation. (And with the constant TL-stream of truely scary trumpism, brexitism, Front-Nationalism, and *‘Merkel muss weg’*ism. I came for fast news, I left when to much ‘news’ was turning into propaganda.) I went over to other outlets, and forums.

I think I will stop that, too. And I’ve been online for the better part of my life, since usenet and FIDO.

2 Likes

Limbaugh on Flynn Resignation: ‘The Question Is What Did Barack Obama Know and When Did He Know It?’

I see Limbaugh is back on the crazy pills.

5 Likes

Hmm. You are all out there from where I am sitting. There are only a few people in here with me. I had not thought that we are all in BoingBoing. It is a valid interpretation, but not one I had anticipated.

1 Like

We went to the basement of our elementary school in 1969, when we had a bombing drill. I was five at the time.

Remember those “Civil Defense Shelter” signs that were on every public building?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.