Flynn flipped like a pancake, is singing like a canary, and his plea deal is 'very, very, very bad' for Trump

Uh huh.

Nevertheless, I found this thread really interesting:

5 Likes

behold!

https://twitter.com/search?q="even%20the%20liberal%20washington%20post"&src=typd

most of them retweet ed rogers.

4 Likes

Aren’t you working on getting them to do that?

14 Likes

Three - I think. Jeff Sessions is above Flynn IIRC.

2 Likes

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/22/us/politics/can-president-be-indicted-kenneth-starr-memo.html

Trump holds the pardon power.

Does the President have authority to grant clemency for a state conviction?

No. The President’s clemency power is conferred by Article II, Section 2, Clause 1 of the Constitution of the United States, which provides: “The President . . . shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.” Thus, the President’s authority to grant clemency is limited to federal offenses and offenses prosecuted by the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia in the name of the United States in the D.C. Superior Court. An offense that violates a state law is not an offense against the United States. A person who wishes to seek a pardon or a commutation of sentence for a state offense should contact the authorities of the state in which the conviction occurred. Such state authorities are typically the Governor or a state board of pardons and/or paroles, if the state government has created such a board.

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/frequently-asked-questions-concerning-executive-clemency#Can%20the%20President%20pardon%20someone%20before%20they%20are%20indicted%20or%20convicted%20of%20a%20federal%20offense%20against%20the%20United%20States?

The GOP Congress will not impeach Trump while he is supported by the majority of the GOP base.

Seems like a problem for a ‘party of corruption’ to me.

Even if Trump were to be impeached/indicted, he would not go quietly, and almost all of the cops are Trumpists.

That doesn’t scare me even in the slightest - they are all blowhards.

Fascists are counting the votes.

No - they are marching in the streets.

Trump is not the problem; fascism is the problem. Replacing Trump with a more competent Republican makes the situation worse, not better.

Disagree - I’ll take shitty republican (anyone) over someone I feel could start a Nuclear war intentionally.

11 Likes

A new Trump will be born as will his supporters.

1 Like

But congress itself has been restructured in increase the influence of money. The plum committee assignments are now decided on the basis of which members have raised the most money for the party instead of by seniority, which is the way that they used to be assigned.

1 Like

Why not take it up a notch?
Image result for nut in a vise

8 Likes

In theory it’s probably possible to indict a sitting President for a crime. In practice I have very little hope that DC police are ever gonna walk into the West Wing and take the guy out in handcuffs.

5 Likes

“Bla bla bla it’s a nothingburger bla bla”

Well, what if Trump openly admits on Twitter to obstruction of justice?

13 Likes

Reality check: I know a number of law enforcement officers and none are Trump supporters. It might be a majority across the country, or, more likely, a loud minority, but it’s nowhere near “almost all.”

5 Likes

Sure - in theory the electoral college should have stopped this instead of enabling it. Reality is never so clear cut.

3 Likes
11 Likes

Unless getting rid of trump guts the entire administration and leaves all ANYTHING they have done as null? I don’t care.

1 Like

That Seth guy is making good points, but I think he’s mistaken if he thinks that those facts matter. I have no faith that these latest egregious facts will touch or even tarnish Trump, let alone eject him from office.

11 Likes

Push comes to shove, he’ll never get perp-walked anyway, because at that point, they’ll just admit he’s completely gaga & deem him unfit to stand trial, you watch.

5 Likes

It’ll be one more amongst many open admissions of criminality?

From May:

9 Likes

About 15% non-fascist, by the look of it.

The source for that pushes hard on the idea that they were voting against Clinton rather than for Trump…

…but given that even Romney’s police support was in the mid-70’s, I don’t buy it.

Cops vote GOP, and the more fascist the candidate the better.

Not all cops, no. But #NotAllX gets mocked these days, for good reason.

7 Likes

Their emails!

3 Likes