Fmr. Speaker Boehner casually tells Ted Cruz to "Go F*ck yourself"

I still insist on pronouncing his name as though it were spelled “Boner.” And I’m not gonna stop, neither.

4 Likes

You nailed it.

6 Likes

Boehner in German is an alternative way of writing Böhner. The e is a replacement for the umlaut sign of the preceding vowel.

Böhner is pronounced as… trying in my best phonetic here… ‘Buh-ner’.

2 Likes

Yeah, most of us get that, but changing pronunciation of non-English names is a thing in the US and Canada. The Chicago Blackhawks has a player with a family name of Toews. Care to guess how that is pronounced here? [Hint: it’s not Mangrove Throatwarbler.]

5 Likes

Can we not aid the John Boehner Rehabilitation Tour?

Not liking Ted Cruz isn’t an achievement. I would question whether Ted Cruz’s mother gets beyond “barely tolerates” for Ted Cruz.

14 Likes

John Boner may express a sentiment we all can agree with, but he sounds bitter and angry, especially considering he had a hand in the rise of the Cruz’s and other tea party hacks. So, in fair accordance with the universal law of you reap what you sow: Go fuck yourself, John.

13 Likes

Naah. We’ve got a ‘I will cut off your’ Johnson. The tabloids love him.

2 Likes

Yeah, the ironic thing about these GOP guys is that they don’t recognize themselves in the people they hate.

3 Likes

It’s the e sound but with the lips rounded as in o. Or, approximately the ‘eur’ sound in ‘Europe’ but without the e or the r. Whatever it is, it’s a sound we don’t really have in any dialect of English. This Boner prick does not warrant importing an extra vowel sound into English just so we can pronounce his name.

3 Likes

That weird rich dude pot cartel was why I voted against marijuana legalization in Ohio. Otherwise I would have been for it. They pretty much found a way to make pot even more illegal, just for anyone who isn’t them, and then call it “legal”.

4 Likes

If you can’t keep your own party in line, why would we trust you with the country?

4 Likes

Well he got Dick Army’s old job as speaker of the House.

2 Likes

Our @Papasan has a way with words!

It’s purely a natural outcome of him existing after all.

10 Likes

“It is pronounced “bouquet”!”, Hyacinth Bucket. :laughing:

8 Likes

He sounds here like the very definition of ‘lush’.

1 Like

He sounds pretty drunk in that audio clip. If the whole book is like that it would be very unpleasant to listen to.

1 Like

This is nothing compared to his recent POLITICO piece, in which he declared dozens of Republican reps crazy and also dunked on Cruz.

1 Like

FTFY

Nice username, btw

2 Likes

Thanks! I use a lot of usernames that are a combination between a modern profession and an old tribe / civilization, but this is the first one that sorta makes sense.

2 Likes

It certainly brings a new meaning t o “Open-heart Surgery”. :thinking:

2 Likes