John Boehner ad-libs while recording his new book: 'Ted Cruz, go fuck yourself'

Originally published at: John Boehner ad-libs while recording his new book: 'Ted Cruz, go fuck yourself' | Boing Boing

1 Like

I can get behind the sentiment, but FFS, own it instead of blaming a glass of wine.

20 Likes

More proof that Ted Cruz is so repulsive that even horrible people find him beneath contempt.

19 Likes

Even better would be if he owned his role in turning the GOP into fascists. He was the proto-Mitch and learned from Newt. Cruz is a monster, John, but you created him.

27 Likes

i could tell when he retired how happy he was to have done so. in the first interview a few weeks later he was looking 10 or 20 years younger. he knew what was getting ready to happen to the g.o.p. and he wanted no part of it. i didn’t have a lot of admiration for boehner but i could respect his desire to get out.

and as a texan i can get behind every bad thing he said about cruz.

7 Likes

I have a vivid memory from around 2013 or 2014, being in my kitchen, sun streaming in, listening to the radio and John Boehner being smug about bringing the government to its knees (I can’t remember if there was a shutdown or not, but it was close). It ruined an otherwise pleasant day.

This guy set a fire and ran away. He supported Trump in 2016, and the only difference between him and the current crop of GOP house members is that he was capable of a smidgen of decorum.

13 Likes

Did anyone else read this headline and think that “Ted Cruz, Go Fuck Yourself” was an odd but refreshingly honest title for a book?

14 Likes

Yup. I quickly disappointed.

7 Likes

to be fair, Harry Reid wasn’t wrong. but as much as i hate Boehner, he’s right about Cruz: he can definitely go fuck himself.

4 Likes

One asks themselves how these people can spew crap like they do and engage in nation-harming policies – voter disenfranchisement, a sociopathic response to the pandemic, subverting the last election and worse.
And here’s Boehner who shows that some of them, sometime, just have their fill of it.

2 Likes

in vino veritas

3 Likes

Even in these times of nearly unprecedented partisan divisions Ted Cruz is one of the few things Democrats and Republicans can still agree on.

4 Likes

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.