Watch Ted Cruz get heckled again

Originally published at: Watch Ted Cruz get heckled again | Boing Boing

9 Likes

suffer not any fascist.
call them out at every opportunity.

27 Likes

Indeed, but I’m not sure where this heckler was coming from. He suggested the lack of Cruz’s spine in dealing with the former, but also seemed to agitate for a border wall in Texas.

7 Likes

Cruz heads my gormless ad-hoc list of people whom clearly everyone hates, no one would possibly vote for, and yet here he is re-elected (at least) twice.

9 Likes

“Globalist” gives it away. This dude was heckling ol’ Ted for not being right-wing batshit enough.

32 Likes

Unfortunately, the guy calling him out is also a fascist…

That Ted Cruz is too far left for him. He called him a globalist, which tends to be code for “the Jews” among the right wing.

People need to stop letting the pseudo-populist language that the hard right uses sway them into thinking that maybe they aren’t so fascist after all. They ARE fascists, full stop. Just because they sometimes go after people we don’t like (who are also fascists, if maybe fascist light) doesn’t make that any less true.

22 Likes

Ted Cruz is kind of guy who, when you find out he went to Harvard, makes you think a lot less of Harvard.

23 Likes

The great thing about Ted Cruz is that no matter what your political positions are you are guaranteed to have a reason to hate his cowardly guts.

21 Likes

Yeah. He started out heckling him for not standing up for his wife when Trump insulted her, then about fleeing Texas while his constituents were freezing. I can support him on those points. But then he dug in about globalism and the border.

I should have known better, this was the Texas state GOP convention. If you’ve read their new platform document, you know just how bat shit crazy you have to be just to get in the door.

16 Likes

This fine mutant nails it. Cloud cuckoo land.

7 Likes

They’re both assholes - but any day that Ted Cruz gets some consequences is a good day.

15 Likes

Toxic masculinity. He is heckling Cruz for being weak. Dude probably loves trump and definitely loves trumpism, but thinks Cruz is weak for not standing up for his wife who, in the worldview of everyone in this story is property with no agency of her own.

4 Likes

As much as I appreciate the public shaming and the communication that there are a lot of people that don’t like Ted Cruz on both sides…this fucker still gets elected, so clearly someone likes whatever he’s selling.

“You care more about the border between Ukraine and Russia than you do about the border between Texas and Mexico why is that? Why are you a globalist? You’re a globalist, bud, and that’s why you’re a coward and a liar.”

Uh… he’s not being called out as a fascist.

He’s being called out by a Trump-adjacent/QAnon because he’s not sufficiently fascist.

7 Likes

No biggie. It’s fun to see anyone razz Cancun Ted.

4 Likes

Hopefully the right tear themselves apart, but it sounds like the fascists want to be even more fascist.

4 Likes

I entirely concur. Reposted to Needs More Likes.

2 Likes

Unless the opponent is a Democrat, of course.

This is his second term as Senator. I know, it seems like far more.

Yeah, and that’s ominous.

Dude obviously doesn’t know that Ted is a Baptist Dominionist.

Yeah, but this is Ted Cruz we’re talking about here. ‘Shaming’ only works on people with a conscience.

{Carnival Barker Voice]
Finally!
A man who can Unite Both Sides Together With A Common Purpose!
Ted! Cruuuuuuuuuuz!

Oh, gods

Yeah. He’s Not A Democrat.
That’s all he needs.

Well, this was The Great Texas Fascist Festival, after all, so you gotta expect 'em to try & outfascist each other.
I won’t be surprised if they start acting like the drug cartels in Mexico & start offing each other. Too bad that innocents get caught in the crossfire.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.