Folex is the best stain and spot remover I've found

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/01/folex-is-the-best-stain-and-sp.html

“I instantly knew he was on my favorite rug, the one that ties my living room together.”

Dude, can we call you “Dude” from now on? And, by the way, have another White Russian. But that’s just my opinion.

5 Likes
  1. Will it get the musty smell out of a small, dank piece of carpet?

2. Is it safe?

1 Like

I accidentally got some spot remover on my dog…

1 Like

Only if you’re Rob.

1 Like

I recently discovered this stuff when I was cat sitting for my neighbor and… Ms. Kitty hacked up a nasty glob on her off-white carpet. Neighbor kindly left a bottle of Folex and a towel for me for exactly this circumstance and, though I had never heard of Folex before, I tried it on the glob. VOILA! Carpet saved and Ms. Kitty was not in the dog house for her hurl. I had intended to march right home and look for Folex online but I completely forgot until now. Thanks!

1 Like

6 Likes

Ingredients and warnings list

Folex ingredients and warnings list

edited to correct formatting

2 Likes

This is the thing I don’t like about Folex: it mostly just smells and feels like water. I’m easily distracted and want my dangerous chemicals to, like, burn my skin or make me dizzy: I want to be constantly reminded that I’m in danger!

1 Like

What imma need to know is if this will work on…say…a four-hour-old stain…or possibly six.

warnings list

For those studying cholinesterase inhibitors for their toxicology finals: Dry as a bone, blind as a bat, red as a beet, hot as a hare, mad as a hatter

Good times.

Fuck, so we’ve got an organophosphate insecticide, cholinesterase inhibitor, carcinogenic motherfucking flammable liquid to clean spots?

I’m gonna vote “don’t really need this in my carpet thanks!”

Cold as a razor blade, tight as a tourniquet, dry as a funeral drum…

2 Likes

Run to the bedroom in the suitcase on the left you’ll find my favorite axe

1 Like

Oh wow thanks. So really, it’ll get the stains out but you could also die or kill your pets removing those stains. Yuck! I guess I’ll just keep using with my old standards: Resolve carpet cleaner and Dawn dish soap.

For that, you want granulated zeolite. Sprinkle it generously over the offending area, rub it in a little bit (if possible), let it sit for 24 hours, then vacuum.

Here in the States, it’s available in bulk as a horse stall deodorizer (25-50 lbs) or in smaller (but by weight, more expensive) quantities through household-marketed brands like Odorzout.

The stuff is borderline magic and will remove lingering smells from the most foul events in the cycle of life.

2 Likes

Don’t look so frightened - this is just a passing phase
One of my bad days

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.