Follow-up

The stretch of the East Coast’s main north-south highway collapsed early last Sunday after a tractor-trailer hauling gasoline flipped over on an off-ramp and caught fire. State transportation officials said the driver was trying to navigate a curve and lost control.

In other words, the truck driver was speeding around the curve

8 Likes

So, as a Philly person…do you think they can do it that fast?

3 Likes

I don’t see why not. It’ll be a temporary fix- and replacing the bridge over it will take a long time. But they’re using emergency contracting procedures- which will really speed things up.

It’s usually months to get those state contracts written, posted, going through competitive bidding, bid reviews then signing a contract before work even begins. Which is generally a good thing when spending public money. But not in an emergency of this importance to the entire regional economy.

7 Likes

:cry:

2 Likes
1 Like

JFC.

managers ignored possible signs of gas leaks for months and had disabled carbon monoxide alarms in the hotel because their frequent alarms were disturbing guests.

1 Like
4 Likes

Bloody hell!

7 Likes
8 Likes
10 Likes

Oh My God Omg GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

9 Likes

7 Likes

Re: Reopen 95 in two weeks

I was under the impression it already had been.

Maintain posted speed y’all!

6 Likes
3 Likes

More “Cop City” shenanigans from TPTB :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::

1 Like

Good news, the threat to sue the clerk worked, and the paper work finally went through…

5 Likes

I was beginning to think maybe she didn’t want to be another Kim Davis, but holy shit – Google search for court clerk shenanigans turns up a lot of people! :man_shrugging:

6 Likes
9 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes