Follow-up

… oh that’s a better reason to be in the news

when I heard his name on the radio I figured he had probably died :confused:

5 Likes

Given what happened with Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Adobe quickly realized they had to have a person or a group of people reviewing the submissions to filter out photos of peoples’ “bananas”.

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

So, the security company tasked with making sure the cargo was secure is suing because they handed the responsibility to someone else?

If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity

4 Likes

https://archive.ph/KAo6d

3 Likes
4 Likes

Kitchen Devil would have been a great Twofer with the Satanic Verses.

1 Like

The cases underscore a serious problem facing a judicial system in which many old convictions resulted from overworked defense attorneys, shoddy forensic work, overzealous prosecutors and outdated investigative techniques.

The problem is particularly acute given Oklahoma’s history of sending people to death row, where 11 inmates have been exonerated since 1981.

4 Likes
6 Likes

It is still so mind-blowing to me that this is a political assassination that absolutely worked. The perpetrator got exactly what he wanted. Not that it’s a bad thing the Moonies get shut down, it’s just so interesting to see how this was achieved.

Is there any other example where assassination or attempted assassination led to the outcome desired by the assassin?

3 Likes

I mean, technically, there was this guy in Sarajevo who wanted the Austrians to leave, but that had way more side affects.

9 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

do it jennifer goines GIF by SYFY

6 Likes

Found the reason for the keys in the street in Ypres. They commemorate locations of civilian war deaths.

4 Likes

Follow-up on late Sir Pterry’s short stories recently published:

A Stroke of the Pen is a postmortem collection of short fiction, somewhat alarmingly described in the publicity as “unearthed”.

Wrong hat, but:

Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

Those who know his voice will see how quickly it was established and glimpse how fierce and large it would become.

Fierce…? Ok, fierce like the Irish fierce, right? As Dylan Moran put it, it would be quite normal for an Irish person to use fierce for emphasis, like in “The weather is fierce mild”. From my experience, that holds true on both accounts.