Follow-up

See! Fentanyl can kill police officers!

6 Likes

when i first heard about this - him checking out evidence and doing drugs at his desk - all i could think is that it’s some serious rot inside their department. how many times had this happened before, and how common is it for other officers to look the other way or participate themselves?

every drug conviction from any of them should be thrown straight out

7 Likes
6 Likes

Tupac Shakur: Duane Davis pleads not guilty to murder

2 Likes
4 Likes

The truly disturbing thing is that they’re going to call this a line of duty death, and then he’ll be on a memorial for officers who died in the line of duty.

in the sense that drug use and addiction issues can be triggered by things like stress or depression, it indeed may have been “caused” by his job.

the valorization of that job generally, the fact those statistics are used to justify the use of force by police, and the fact he committed several pretty serious crimes… yeah, that’d make me see red, not blue.

3 Likes

I recently noticed an award named for an officer in a local news report. They’ve created multiple memorials in his name after he died of a heart attack while on the job. What seemed odd was that he was working at the scene of a murder. There’s never any mention of the person who was killed or what happened with the case. I can’t imagine how the family of the victim feels about that.

6 Likes

Homelessness can be easily solved. All it takes is a court order

Also - cleared out? How about provided basic assistance to its residents?

3 Likes

shelters and motels?

how about jail :cry:

If someone violates this policy twice, they will be given a written warning from a Portland police officer. A third violation could leave them either with a fine of up to $100 or up to a month in jail.

According to Multnomah County data, the county currently has 2,000 shelter beds open to the public, and around 90% of those are usually occupied… nearly 4,000 people were estimated to be sleeping unsheltered in the county on a given night.

1 Like
3 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Trump campaign pushes back on ‘speculative and theoretical’ reports about second-term plans

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4307977-trump-campaign-pushes-back-on-speculative-and-theoretical-reports-about-second-term-plans/

(Insert ‘Sure Jan’ gif here)

5 Likes
3 Likes