Follow-up

9 Likes

Remember the flight the other day that was diverted because of a security risk?

Some Karen-wannabe was too young to recognize a old camera and freaked out:

11 Likes

ahg!

She mistook the images of vintage cameras for bombs and believed that the passenger was looking up bomb-making instructions.

“excuse me, sir. i can’t help but notice your phone. what are you looking at?”

but why adult, when you can ground a whole plane.

The suspected terrorist was forced to lie face-down on the ground and be searched. His bags were also confiscated and searched, and they only revealed a skateboard and other vintage cameras.

After being detained several hours by Port Authority police officers and federal agents, the vintage camera enthusiast was finally cleared of any wrongdoing and released.

well, at least the police got to have fun.

11 Likes
6 Likes
2 Likes

Perhaps the boa constrictors might repay the favor…

3 Likes
11 Likes
8 Likes

Seems that this is exactly as difficult as the know-nothing experts said. Did anyone find out what they’re going to do with six million tons of ocean-degraded plastics?

3 Likes

Leak sheds light on family tied to 9/11 hijackers, royals dabbling in Florida real estate

3 Likes
10 Likes

Oh No Omg GIF by The Office

This is going to be far worse than 2008.

9 Likes

Not to worry - I’ll just short my apartment’s shares on the stock market. :woman_shrugging:

13 Likes
8 Likes

just the other day a friend of a friend mentioned zillow had bought their former home for above asking. it’s been months now since zillow relisted and nobody’s buying

while everyone listening to the story - me included - was like: zillow buys houses? none of us caught the wider implication

i guess if you’ve got an algorithm working in a sellers’ market, it’s eating its own data, confirming its own biases, everyone’s happy. then reality intrudes, the market shifts, and the algorithm suddenly stops working. all an illusion in the first place

i feel like someone on wall street heard about skynet and went: here, hold my beer.

9 Likes
7 Likes

Cross posted in transphobia

8 Likes

Also cross posted…

killing eve bullshit GIF by BBC America

10 Likes

Some background on this…

12 Likes
10 Likes