Follow-up

Yes, why not a picture of Triantafillos Parlapanides. Here he is, interwebs!

8 Likes

I saw that and immediately thought they did it because ppl will care more knowing she was a pretty white girl
:pensive:

11 Likes

Good. I hope they sue those rat bastards into oblivion.

7 Likes

Looks like Alex Jones.

5 Likes
12 Likes

“According to the statement, the nightclub will work on rebuilding the establishment over the next few months with the intention of opening its doors again in the fall. The initial design concepts are expected to be released soon, and the interior gutting of the establishment will take place by April.

With the help of local, state and federal agencies, the nightclub will add enhanced security measures, such as “screening technology and a hardened space,” to ensure the safety of its workers and patrons. Club Q said it hopes these safety measures can “become a model for countless queer spaces across the country.”“

I’m very happy that they’re going to reopen and be there for their community.

But I’m sad beyond measure that our model for our community going forward is living in bunkers to protect ourselves from hate violence.

13 Likes
8 Likes

I’ve posted about this tiresome bigoted arsehole before so I apologise for taking up your time. But there are two important things here:
Firstly the repeated strategy of using any chink they can in the law and appealing everything while refusing to accept any judgment against them is a consistent strategy with fascist extremists (Bundys and the like).
2 He does, shamefully, actually have a potential case in Irish law. There is some old precedent which has not been overturned (prior to current legislation and EU laws and ECHR decisions) which the court is reluctant to reconsider. There really isn’t much appetite for rooting religion out of the constitution. The citizen’s assembly recommended it but it’s quite a few amendments that would be needed. Every single one is a big deal so this is a can that we have been kicking down the road for years.
I, of course, suggest replacing the entire thing. It’s 86 years old. That’s too old for a constitution. Times change. People change. The world changes.

10 Likes

I agree that a re-write would be desirable, but Ireland does have one of the world’s most successful and democratic amendment processes.

However it is a flawed document, with ongoing issues about the differences between the Irish and English language text, and It would be good to excise the dead hand of Dev from modern Ireland.

7 Likes

More details beginning to emerge about that case where only two people were ever involved.

12 Likes

“code words were never used by Mr. Staley in any communications with Mr. Epstein”

““That was fun,” Staley added. “Say hi to Snow White.”
“[W]hat character would you like next?” Epstein replied.
“Beauty and the Beast,” Staley wrote, to which Epstein answered, “well one side is available.””

I see. The two of them were just two Disney Adults that got together to watch their favorite Disney princess movies together, but Epstein’s Beauty and the Beast DVD was scratched, so they were only going to be able to watch half of it before it started skipping. Definitely nothing else :roll_eyes: :nauseated_face:

13 Likes

So many people knew exactly what was happening with Epstein. And so many powerful men went scot-free and were protected by the system.

Which means that it’s still happening- just with several different “Epsteins” running their criminal enterprises.

17 Likes

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

The only reason that Weinstein and Cosby went down was because it became far too many women, some with a great deal of name recognition, in the case of Weinstein, speaking out. Epstein generally just trafficked and abused “no ones” so getting people caught for that is much tougher, since people in power don’t give two shits about “nobodies”…

No Way Reaction GIF by Originals

14 Likes

Also these toxic men generate a lot of money, which explains why whatever punishment they get tends to result in lesser sentences, lots of appeals (in court and the court of public opinion), and a return to the spotlight as soon as possible. :nauseated_face: :rage:

17 Likes

Kristen Wiig Yep GIF by Where’d You Go Bernadette

9 Likes

It should be called the Can I get your daughter a “Tylenol” tour.

11 Likes
12 Likes

Oh, Jimmy. We’ll miss you.

14 Likes

Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

Just posted that in “fuck today”…

11 Likes

Sad Inside Out GIF

10 Likes