For sale: Darth Vader helmet house in Houston

Originally published at: For sale: Darth Vader helmet house in Houston | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Maybe more like a cylon?

17 Likes

Neat, although the lack of pictures from the front door looking out the back windows makes me really suspicious. A house with an entry facing 2-story windows should have some magnificent views, and they don’t feature any pictures in that direction at all. My guess is there is something fishy in the back yard. Maybe the neighbors can all see straight in the house, maybe it overlooks a trash dump, maybe there is an obscene statue in the back.

Can someone in Houston visit and report back please?

9 Likes

Design a home to have the feel of an airport food court… meh. i’m more of a library labyrinth rabbit warren person m’self.

18 Likes

Buyer: I’m hoping for a home with lots of natural light.

Realtor: Well I’m not gonna lie this place is a little on the Dark Side.

41 Likes

I think there’s a poorly defended thermal exhaust port back there. We’ll know more when the stolen plans are in our hands.

38 Likes

Just a typical McMansion warren of oversized houses on tiny plots of land. No backyard worth mentioning.

Kind of an unambitious end to the Galactic Empire.

20 Likes

If you want to get any sleep at night once you move in, be sure to pick up some blue-blocking glasses from the Boing Boing Store.

12 Likes

4 Likes

From streetview, It looks like an 80s brutalist bank. Wonder if people ring the door trying to find the ATM.

11 Likes

Looks like a bunker? Check.
Twin staircases? Check.
Blue accent lighting? Check.

This will be a psychopathic villain’s lair film location in the next Bond movie.

12 Likes

Money Yolo GIF

6 Likes

I see more Legion of Doom

Sources: Clip of "The Origin Of The Legion Of Doom from The Super Friends, animation, 1973-1982, unknown episode, found on youtube and posted by user SuperVillainTelevision on 2014 01 14 Note: I think I just discovered Pym formatting:bowing_man:I’m shrinking :bowing_man: :bowing_man: :bowing_man: :bowing_man: :bowing_man: :bowing_man: :ant::ant::ant::ant::ant::ant::ant:

18 Likes

I’d be disappointed if the doorbell ‘ring’ wasn’t the Star Wars Imperial March.

10 Likes

If it’s in Houston, I imagine the backyard faces a megachurch, an Exxon Tigermart, or a strip mall. Maybe all three! Or maybe just other houses. Houston doesn’t like zoning much.

2 Likes

Architects actually know some useful stuff. It’s worthwhile listening to one before building a monstrosity like this.

3 Likes

Got a real 80’s cocaine sex den vibe going there.

10 Likes

Selling it because of cash-flow problems?

Darth_Scooter

14 Likes

Or trumps’s lil hide-a-way

2 Likes

Nah. Insufficient gold paint.

2 Likes