For sale: Decommissioned underground missile complex in Arizona

This is a property currently on the market in my neighbourhood:

The “piece of history” is a crumbling warehouse, entirely built out of unsealed disintegrating asbestos.

4 Likes

My powerball dreams include buying a decommissioned missile silo, and a decommissioned lighthouse to place on top.

3 Likes

Honestly, this one is in a lot better shape than most. That rust is easy to take care of with conversion primer, and nothing appears caved in or flooded, as these things usually are. Not that I would ever buy one of these nightmares, but if you’re interested in the process of fixing one up, Death Wears Bunny Slippers is a lapsed YouTube channel that does so. This channel is nice because he mostly keeps the creepy doomsday beliefs and libertarian politics (that all buyers of these have) out of the show. His was in much much worse shape than this, but he starts to get it liveable at the end when the channel fizzles out.

2 Likes

Make it a Vault-Tech Theme park…

3 Likes

I was thinking, you could probably put together a pretty cool escape room type thing in one of these, without quite as much work and expense as actually trying to make it something a person could live in.

Or a Vault-Tec b&b, with complimentary Vault Suits and an Overseer conducting experiments on you!

1 Like

Didn’t they sell these for a lot cheaper than $400.000 not that long ago?

You’ll need the equivalent of a workshop manual, in which case you’ll need The Titian II Handbook, which I mainly like because it’s so insanely in depth I’m just thankful that someone can make such a thing.
Worth it for the fold-out plans at the end.
(There’s a preview here)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.