For sale: incredible double geodesic dome home with two inside slides, putting green, monkey bars, and secret passage

Originally published at: For sale: incredible double geodesic dome home with two inside slides, putting green, monkey bars, and secret passage | Boing Boing

6 Likes

I’m getting a weird geodesic vibe here.

8 Likes

Location, location, location?

13 Likes

Buckyballs!

15 Likes

Mrs. F has wanted to live in a dome home since forever. She’s also always wanted an indoor slide. This is like a perfect storm of real estate. It’s essential she never sees this listing or she’ll sell my organs on the black market to get the down payment.

33 Likes

Looks like the dogs bollocks.

8 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text

4 Likes

This is the first Geodesic Dome house I’ve seen that wasn’t marooned in the 70s. I came in expecting shag carpeting, floating stairs, and orange linoleum counter; with the requisite patina of dirt and wear. The interior is clean and modern, it really stands out!

10 Likes

6 Likes

I guess if cost is no object, the homeowner can easily afford to heat all that “airspace” in a Minnesota winter.

5 Likes

Man, I really want this for a pair of friends who live in MN (and are saving for a home). I mean, holy cow, AND I could visit, too!

I’m ready to start the GoFundMe the moment they say “YASSSSS”!

7 Likes

We had something similar in the Wichita, KS area – the satellite town of Andover. Now it’s in a museum.

4 Likes

Unless it also comes with monkey butlers, count me out.

3 Likes

Love it. Wife and I always dream of each having our own side by side geodesic domes. I think we hoped to be out a little less than 3 mil tho.

“you’ll love the putting green down the hallway, plus monkey bars overhead, just don’t try both at the same time!”

So we’re inventing Monkey Bar Golf. Challenge accepted.

9 Likes

Except for the fireplace, which I give 5 years before everyone realises they’re killing themselves (and their neighbours) and they become passé.

$2,999,900

I really have to wonder if the “99 cent effect” still holds here. Is someone considering whether to spend 3 million on a house really going to think they’re getting a much lower price by filling it with 9s.

6 Likes

My honey was reminded of The Satellite of Love

6 Likes

It seems like an ideal storage platform for a New Shepard rocket!

1 Like

I always wanted to live in a big tower like some kind of wizard, but this comes a pretty close second.

5 Likes

Someone who is searching Zillow with a max <$3M.

7 Likes