For sale: strange opulent house meant to resembles a massive saxophone

Originally published at: For sale: strange opulent house meant to resembles a massive saxophone | Boing Boing

2 Likes

That house is very 80s…

5 Likes

geeesh, looks like amateur jazz players make a ton more money than I do.

15 Likes

You mean a millionaire amateur jazz musician, surely.

Oop, @Michael_Jason_K beat me to it.

(edit: would you look at the size of his thumb!)

8 Likes

9 Likes

andy dwyer television GIF

6 Likes

i want to go there 30 rock GIF

8 Likes

Under 2 million for a 4000 sq ft place in the hills with a guest house?

It must be in terrible condition.

I can’t buy a place in my Canadian suburb for under $500,000 and the really nice places in town are going for millions.

6 Likes

I’m guessing Amateur Saxaphonist isn’t their first title, just the most relevant to the listing. There are plenty of stock brokers, hedge fund managers and dentists out there who still wistfully wonder what life would be like had they pursued their saxophone career…

The house itself was…less tacky than I was expecting? 8/10 would inhabit and enjoy thoroughly.

6 Likes

1985, to be precise.

9 Likes

Was it this guys house?

the lost boys 80s GIF

5 Likes

Oh, man! If I had known about this when I was living in El Cerrito, I’d have done a drive-by photo shoot!
Sci Fi Reaction GIF by Amazon Prime Video

2 Likes

Hard to form an opinion on this until I see what’s under the spit valve.

Except for the visible toilet from the dining room and the mix of both gold and silver in the kitchen. Those two, I do have an opinion on.

1 Like

You can’t buy taste.

2 Likes

I came here to post this =)

2 Likes

Or just, you know, terrible

1 Like
2 Likes

I was more thinking steam ship than sax.

2 Likes

I guess that the architect had to get creative when it came to building two ICBM silos in to a house.

1 Like

Strange they couldn’t be bothered to find an appropriate soundtrack featuring, I dunno … some saxophone music.

2 Likes