Forbes: Elon Musk no longer world's richest person after latest Tesla stock dip

I don’t care if he’s the richest or not, he still has about $132.5 Billion too much. Grab him by the ankles, hold him upside down, and shake vigorously until it all falls out. If that doesn’t work, use the piñata method. Sure, I’m probably talking metaphorically, if it makes you feel better. (/me casually waves baseball bat behind their back.)

11 Likes

I’m not disagreeing with your point that their reputation should be based on the quality of the cars. But JDPower is not very good evidence one way or the other. It is generally considered a biased rating because car companies pay JDPower lots of money to get a rating. You don’t pay, you don’t get rated. JDP is incentivized to give better ratings to their higher paying customers, so they don’t lose those customers. Also JDPower sells consulting services to help companies get better JDPower ratings! It’s very incestuous.

I trust Consumer Reports ratings more, since they are a non-profit, and don’t take money from vendors. Tesla doesn’t fare so badly there.

5 Likes

I, for one, am simply horrified at all the piling-on at one man’s misfortune.
It must be ever-so stressful for the poor love.

I am going to send, in solidarity with his common-sense approach to business, a hearty eight dollars, in check form. I trust any like-minded, sensible conservative gentlefolk will join me in this endeavour. It’s surely the least we could do.

8 Likes

It was obvious for years that Tesla had a minor early starter advantage in electric cars, but once auto giants like Toyota and Volkswagen got their act together, Tesla would be ground into the tarmac. That’s exactly what is happening.

Tesla produced a cool electric saloon, now they’ve got several rather similar models of cool electric saloon and a dismal failure of an electric SUV which looks like it was copied from the Warthog in Halo.

Meanwhile, Mercedes, Renault, Jaguar and everyone else are coming out with ranges of electric vehicles from compacts to vans to SUVs.

9 Likes

I know of people who are trying to figure out how to get out of their leases because people have started spitting on their cars at intersections

6 Likes

Oh yeah and pretty much always has been.

1 Like

Elon Musk Worried He Won’t Have Enough Twitter Employees Left To Fire On Christmas Eve

15 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.