Former coal lobbyist Andrew Wheeler is new EPA administrator

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/28/former-coal-lobbyist-andrew-wh.html

4 Likes

What are the odds Collins whipped the room and only voted “no” after it was clear it wouldn’t change the outcome? Look how mavericky she is - a veritable John Glenn!

4 Likes

Sweet Karma is coming for you GOP, you can bet on it.

4 Likes

There are only 51 Republicans in the Senate, so to get 52 votes, 2 Democrats must have voted for this guy. Are they traitors to the Democrats ‘war on Trump’. Or maybe they are from coal country. Enquiring minds want to know.

That may very well be the case, but she’s a “complicated” character. There are these from On the Issues and Huff[post:

http://www.ontheissues.org/Domestic/Susan_Collins_Environment.htm

Then again, when Bush Jr. was in office, she did vote to have the EPA administrator position made into a cabinet (political) position.

1 Like

Coming soon:

Dr Josef Mengele for the Department of Health
Theodore John Kaczynski for the Department of Justice
Charles Milles Manson as Attorney General

9 Likes

GOP: Fox --> henhouse

That’s why I mentioned John Glenn. Talks like a moderate, votes the party line.

2 Likes

There were only 51. Then there was an election. Now there are 53.

4 Likes

Yep. Remember the Keating Five? I was a kid and living back east when that happened. JG was a hero to a lot of people (including me). I can’t recall exactly which tv news I was watching when KF popped up (Eyewitness News, maybe), but I very clearly recall the reaction from the two onscreen news anchors. They went silent, just stared into the camera, and looked as if someone had just run over their dogs.

PS: Later, Glenn used his senatorial influence to 1) get a ride on the Space Shuttle [shouldering off a qualified candidate], and 2) get the Lewis Research Center name changed the Glenn Research Center; for a short time I was talking with someone over at LRC and was told that the folks there were angry over the name change. John Glenn. Hero.

2 Likes

Well, I guess when there’s no more swampland in America you can just stop talking about draining it.

2 Likes

5 Likes

There are 53 Republicans, one voted no. Both independent Senators voted with the Dems.

5 Likes

Daniel Shenton to head NASA
Julius Rosenberg as SecDef
James Strom Thurmond Sr. as Middle East Peace Envoy
Harvey Weinstein as head of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Jared Corey Kushner as Secretary of Everything (oh, wait, he’s already announced that one)

2 Likes

I mean, yeah, of course he is. Not sure why anyone is surprised at this point.

Meet the new boss…

Another Creature from the Black Lagoon added to the swamp.

3 Likes

But, he’s a “former” lobbyist. Surely that means he’s seen the error of his ways? Hahahahahahahahahahaahahahhhhhhh. Hah. It’s good to laugh every now and then, especially when the coats are so tight.

2 Likes

trump-appoints-his-director-of-henhouse-security

2 Likes

Karma, please bite this mans ass clean off before he sells ours down the river