Warren campaign works to unseat Senator Collins of Maine

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/24/warren-campaign-works-to-unsea.html

16 Likes

Stephen King agrees:

32 Likes

Liz Warren earns my endorsement nearly every day. I’m a fan.

22 Likes

This is a huge mistake. If reasonable, moderate republicans like Susan Collins feel targeted by Democrats, they’ll have no choice but to embrace the far-right reactionaries in the GOP and vote with them at any given opportunity.

ETA: THIS IS SARCASM. I DO NOT INTEND FOR IT TO BE TAKEN LITERALLY

Can you imagine the kind of ridiculous shit that Collins might lend her support to in that event? Wildly unqualified supreme court justices could get confirmed! Massive tax breaks for the wealthy! Trump and his cronies could go completely unchecked by the Senate! God forbid.

ETA: just in case this isn’t clear, I’m saying that Susan Collins is worth slightly less than a warm bag of shit and deserves to be booted out on her ass, along with any other “moderate” Republican who does a song and dance about being disappointed by what the GOP has become while enabling it and voting with it at every chance

27 Likes

If that is moderate, then I am very proud to be far-left.

17 Likes

moderate republican is like saying jumbo shrimp.

They all need to go…EVERY LAST FUCKING ONE OF THEM.

8 Likes

(that may have been the implied snark in my post, as I intended the second part to illustrate. “Moderate” Republicans are obviously worthless when not being outright harmful)

6 Likes

This week I went from making a donation every time I hear good news to ordering tee-shirts and bumper stickers.

15 Likes

The sad thing is that I have seen people post similar and being completely serious about it.

The /s flag is far too necessary these days :frowning_face:

14 Likes

Good. Looks like I will be donating to both Warren and whoever ends up running against Collins.

7 Likes

I think some people missed your hidden <sarcasm> tag here. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Bwa-ha-ha-ha!!! You’re a riot!

4 Likes

No, I think people have more choices than that in what they do. And you seem to have it backwards, theoretically.

Flipping it, Tea Party Republican challenges are most often given as an excuse for “moderate” Democrats to go more right, not more left.

1 Like

He’s not a person to piss off. One wrong move and you are a minor character in his books being gruesomely killed by the manifestation of their neighbor’s id. (Then played by an ex sitcom actor in the made for cable miniseries version)

11 Likes

After the Kavanaugh confirmation hearing Republicans have fallen into two categories

1. People who enthusiastically support Trump
  2. People who support Trump but pretend otherwise in public and claim to be “moderates”
14 Likes

Sen Collins?

She has a plan for that!

10 Likes

She really should have Ikea-like instructions for every plan.

7 Likes

Both of those types are highly likely to write in their memoirs that they were secretly holding Trump back from his worst impulses, while actually having done nothing to hold Trump back from his worst impulses

11 Likes

'Splain please; this is a story I have not heard.

4 Likes

They are good Americans, they’re only following orders.

9 Likes