Former 'Cosby' actor job-shamed by Fox News gets job offer from filmmaker Tyler Perry

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/04/cosby-actor-who-was-job-shamed.html

10 Likes

the Daily Mail and Fox News immediately pounced on, job-shaming the actor in before-and-after tabloid-style stories.

Interesting since Fox News and the Daily Fail* are also quick to lament the supposed lack of a work ethic amongst poor people (especially those with darker skin) when it serves their political agendas. If anyone deserves to be shamed for their jobs it’s the publishers, owners, and senior editors of those two scummy outfits.

[* I’m assuming this is the UK fishwrap]

46 Likes

A gig at Trader Joe’s is better than a part in a Adam Sandler movie.

32 Likes

I’d rather be there than where a certain other Cosby Show star is right now

7 Likes

I dunno’ though. While I have no lack of respect for roofers, I sure wouldn’t want to do it for a living.

Or… ya’ know, the guy who pumps out the Port-a-Potties.

Or say POTUS.

4 Likes

You beat me to it.

Here is a man not too proud to take a less than glamorous position to pay his bills, even after having experienced ‘the hollywood lifestyle’… and the hypocritical assholes dragged him for it.

I don’t like Tyler Perry’s work, but kudos to him for making the offer.

35 Likes

Came to say the same.

“Poor people are lazy. You should just get a job. You’re not better than minimum wage!”

“This guy needed a job and got one at a grocery store! What a loser!”

They need to pick one, but know that whichever one they choose still makes them horrible human beings.

39 Likes

I’m not familiar with that establishment but it definitely sounds like the name of an eatery you’d find in Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley.

15 Likes

Hopefully the offer is actually for an acting gig.

Don’t just stop at blaming the senior execs of these publications - the so-called ‘journalists’ who produce this content should be ashamed of themselves. Unlike real journalists, they’ve never done anything useful for society; it’d be better for them and us if they all went to work at Walmart or Wetherspoons and consigned The Sidebar of Shame to history.

9 Likes

I forget the name of the boxer who when found working as a school janitor said “I have no regrets, I was a champion and spent all my money on girls”

7 Likes

They are a British chain of generic restaurant/pubs who pick names that try to fit in the local area, so, for example, Oxford has the Four Candles after the Two Ronnies sketch (Ronnie Barker grew up in Oxford) and Carlisle has the Woodrow Wilson because his mother was born there.

I’m actually surprised that the Carlisle Wetherspoons didn’t attempt to name itself something like The State, as without the State Management Scheme the ideas that lead to meals being served in pubs (and therefore Wetherspoons) would not have been tried. They couldn’t call the pub the Harry Redfern though, there is already a Redfern Inn named after him.

6 Likes

“And, like a fool, I wasted the rest.”
-Benny Hill-

5 Likes

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

-Attributed to George Best

6 Likes

33 Likes

You might appreciate The Daily Mail Oncological Ontology Project, “a blog following the Daily Mail’s ongoing mission to divide all the inanimate objects in the world into those that cause or cure cancer.”

Several objects appear in both categories…

[ETA: Wait; wrong link - that blog doesn’t seem to have lasted long. Try: http://kill-or-cure.herokuapp.com/ ]

4 Likes

I hate the daily fail and faux news, but were they just reporting it? or were they really shaming him? some quotes from the source material would make it clear.

Well that’s useless. I can’t believe that the Daily Mail hasn’t had a single article about how immigrants cause cancer.

4 Likes

I’m disgusted by the notion of “job-shaming,” particularly by the wealthy criminals of Fox News, who have never done a hard day’s work in their wasted lives.

8 Likes

It just dawned on me this happened over the Labor Day holiday; what insufferable assholes some people are.

Read the comments

12 Likes