Former general Mike Flynn calls for military to keep Trump in power

There might be a self interest angle but I think he is just a traitor. This is what you do when you are a traitor.

8 Likes

Hmmm…

27 Likes

Anyone recognise the flag behind him? The one with several white stars on red? Just curious, is all…

1 Like

He could get Hindenberg to support him as Chancellor, burn down the Reichstag, use that to push through the Enabling act, and bob’s your uncle. Hey, it’s not unprecedented…

8 Likes

I’m imagining this happening and, assuming they didn’t bar people from the polls in urban areas, getting the exact same result. . . and Flynn demanding another vote.

“We’ll keep doing this until we get it right (meaning right wing.)”

6 Likes

Hey, he’s just doing his job, this is what Turkey or his newest undisclosed employer pays him to do.

7 Likes

Really? It’s not unprecedented? Oh, if only a historian could kick him in the balls right now! Sedition is a very real thing, and we need to pressure the next AG (OK, not the next one, but the one aftyer that) to go after those who plot to overthrow the government.

15 Likes

For a guy that was just on the bubble of treason, his thoughts on this subject don’t surprise me.

6 Likes

for anyone wondering both why trump was shuffling things around at the pentagon and why some of us were so upset about it, this is why for both.

20 Likes

For someone who is trying to keep the terror at bay and find hope in the coming days, this kida shit makes it tough.

13 Likes

Even when the Democrats hold the White House and both chambers of Congress, they won’t actually hold any of these buttheads accountable.

8 Likes

It’s like they have never heard of thumb drives.

It’s specifically why they are not allowed in SCIF’s.

9 Likes

It’s a General Officer’s flag.

13 Likes

Of all the answers there could have been, that’s possibly the worst.

8 Likes

A dictator for freedom.

Which makes even less sense than “communist dictator” but why not try something new?

7 Likes

Former General Flynn was head of the DIA. He is no idot, he knows what he is saying.

This is what desperation looks like. He knows his actions these past 4 years have been treasonous. This is his attempt at staying a free man.

Circling back to an earlier conversation. If Flynn knew of anything that would save Trump’s presidency he would use it.

That is to say if US Government had any secrets that their revelation would make Trump look good they would have declassified them.

For example if was some way of spinning the Kennedy assassination files as Trump fighting the deep state they would have released them. What better way of motivating QAnon followers to riot?

8 Likes

I searched for flags with white stars on red, and there is Maastricht, and perhaps Chile but nothing. Searching for “General Officer’s Flag” got me the Gettysburg Flag Corp and a price-list. I didn’t think he was being photographed in front of the flag of Turkmenistan to show his allegiance, but they are that stupid and smug, and might have assumed no-one would check. Dull answer, but legit: thanks.

3 Likes

he hedges slightly, saying something like "there has been no evidence yet that this hack jumped from SolarWinds compromised devices to secure networks.

But also like, 1) the IC would not tell us if they did and 2) while I am no expert, it sure seems like this is the kind of hack that could leave malicious code hanging around dormant for years.

2 Likes
13 Likes

Yeah, I mean saying “it’s not unprecedented” when it literally would be…

Also, I don’t see how Trump could use martial law to do this, nor how this would help him if he did. It’s a peculiar combination of dumb and horrible.

6 Likes