Former leader of Proud Poys pleads guilty to seditious conspiracy for efforts to stop transfer of power following 2020 presidential election

@frauenfelder Somebody ought to have pointed this out earlier, right? Misspelling in the headline!
I have heard of poise (a brand of feminine protection pads) and poi (a pacific islander treat), but not Poys.
/pedantic

4 Likes

It’s another small step forward; many more need to follow.

5 Likes

The thing I took away is that he’s copped to a plea.
This may reduce his sentence, but at the price of selling out many other war-mongering right-wing shits.
And I believe he knows a few of them.
I may be wrong.
I hope I’m not wrong.

4 Likes

There are seven seals, seven trumpets, and seven bowls, so it fits perfectly.

3 Likes

Originally published at: Proud Boys leader pleads guilty to seditious conspiracy over Jan 6th | Boing Boing

2 Likes

let it go GIF

3 Likes

You made what happen. . . ?

(For the record I don’t think for a second the Proud Boys or any of these groups have been defeated, I’m not sure even with all the charges and convictions they have been weakened.)

4 Likes

These people have no loyalty, even to each other.

4 Likes

1. English regional (Essex ). A wooden gallery with railings on the outside of a house. Obsolete .

1636 Maldon (Essex) Documents (Bundle 217, No. 22) Of Henery Adammes for his poye at his hous, 2d.
1656 Maldon (Essex) Borough Deeds (Bundle 87, No. 1) iid. due for quitt-rent for the poy of the howse late of Mr. Wells.
1677 Maldon (Essex) Borough Deeds (Bundle 100, No. 2) Paid to Mr. Finch for windowes and puoy and penthowse by him left att the howse of correction when he left itt.

2. English regional (east midlands). A float used to keep the head of a sheep above water when the sheep is being dipped. Now rare.

1855 J. C. Morton Cycl. Agric. II. (Gloss.) 725/1 Poy, (Lincolns.), a float used for buoying up sheep’s heads when swimming in the washing place.

a1895 H. Walker MS Coll. Notts. Words in Eng. Dial. Dict. (1903) IV. 661/2 Poy.

1. A pole used to propel a barge or boat; a punting-pole; spec. a pole with an iron forked point used by keelmen on the Tyne and other rivers. Now rare (English regional (chiefly north-eastern) in later use).

1486 in W. H. Stevenson Rec. Borough Nottingham (1885) III. 243 vij. long polles for to make hokes and poyes.

1794 Gentleman’s Mag. 64 13/2 Poy, a dole to push forward a keel.

1829 T. Marshall Coll. Songs 17 Ower the powey slap he fell.

1865 Our Coal & Coal-fields 72 Having walked the whole length of the vessel they pluck up the great oars, which they call puys, return hastily to the prow, put down the puys again and thrust as before.

1894 R. O. Heslop Northumberland Words Pooey, puoy, puy, powey, poy, the pole used by keelmen to ‘set’ or push the keel along. Standing at the bow of the keel, the man rapidly thrusts his pooey down to the bottom of the river, where a small fork holds it in the sand [etc.].

2. The pole used by a tightrope walker as a balance. Obsolete.

1706 Phillips’s New World of Words (new ed.) Poy, the Pole us’d by Rope-dancers to stay themselves with.

1755 S. Johnson Dict. Eng. Lang. Poy, a ropedancer’s pole.

One could use a poy to recover ones poise-- which was not invented by ad men.

tl;dr, but I assume Poi Dog Pondering is in there somewhere?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.