Former Nickelodeon child star Jennette McCurdy alleges the network offered her $300,000 to silence her claims of abuse

Originally published at: Former Nickelodeon child star Jennette McCurdy alleges the network offered her $300,000 to silence her claims of abuse | Boing Boing

7 Likes

it’s safe to assume she’s referring to the disgraced Dan Schneider

The minute I read about “the Creator” in the book review that was my assumption. He’s also assumed to be “the Producer” in a famous series of blind items from about five years ago, like this one.

10 Likes

sickening to know that a network that created content for kids and using primarily kids in the casts was just as sleazy and predatory as any other hollywood machine. no protection for the kids, and the standard coverup tactics when incidents came to light. what a disgrace.

3 Likes

I get it, it’s scary to find out one of your staff is abusing minors. But how hard is it to take a deep breath and say, “we need to let people know about this?” Someone comes to me with this story about anyone and I say, do you want me to call the police? However public you are comfortable to be about this, we will do so. The hard part has happened - now you know - do what you know is right and it’s all easy from there.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.