Former senior CIA official says it's "quite near time" for Trump supporters to kill Trump opponents

Being vicious, hateful, and paranoid is one thing.

But being vicious, hateful, and paranoid in the name of Trump? I just can’t… I mean…

I still don’t get how even one person can feel anything but utter contempt for the Naked Emperor.

8 Likes

The president is a Russian asset. The NRA has been infiltrated by Russian agents. The Russians have been cultivating American’s conservative base for years. The Internet Research Agency has been a Russian sleeper project for years, quietly spreading disinformation. Facebook has been compromised by Russian interests. The Russians hacked our elections and ran a weaponized propaganda campaign against Hilary Clinton.

But yeah, I probably shouldn’t jump to the conclusion that an American official calling for the destruction of liberals, Jews, and other undesirables has in any way been influenced by Russian disinformation. Thanks for setting me straight!

10 Likes

Looking for an external adversary is a good tactical approach.

1 Like

3 Likes

What the actual.
I’m currently reading Palahniuk’s new novel, Adjustment Day. I don’t think he intended for it to be quite so prophetic and on the nose; I’m pretty damned sure It was supposed to be satire.

This buffoon’s regurgitation reads like a direct extract from the Talbott Reynolds book.

Are we at such a point in civilisation that Chuck has become the new Gibson for scary prescience?

Adjustment Day’s excellent BTW.

1 Like

It seems that a lot of Authoritarians interpret it to mean “keeping me from doing what I want, and letting others do things I disapprove of.”

19 Likes

That website is still up, but there’s a misconfiguration that makes it difficult to access (their DNS change to go behind a CDN is wrong and/or currently partially propagated).

It is hosted behind a CDN called Incapsula. If you’d like to report that website as advocating violence, you must do the following:

1. make an account with Incapsula, stop after the name/password/email step. You don’t need to give them a credit card.
  2. confirm email address by clicking on the link they send tou
  3. login to https://support.incapsula.com/hc/en-us
  4. make a support case to tell them to dump non-intervention.com

If you just try to send email to abuse@ it wil bounce, telling you that you are not a customer. Bogus.

You can also report them to their provider of commenting services here: https://support.intensedebate.com/contact/

7 Likes

"“Scheuer accuses ‘Israel and wealthy Jewish-Americans’ of conspiring to ‘destroy the Western tradition, manipulate U.S. elections, and to tear American society apart.’”
Trump is the most pro-Israel president in our history. He recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and moved our embassy there. He backs Israeli actions no matter their rationale or impact. He is at least as much in Bibi Netanyahu’s pocket as he is in Putin’s. And yet none of this is enough to get Israel off Scheuer’s list of “Trump-haters who must be destroyed”. Kind of tells you where he’s coming from right there.

5 Likes

I was wondering how Scheuer could reconcile fantatical loyalty to Trump with fanatical hatred of Tump’s friends in Israel.

1 Like

Others have replied more eloquently than I will, but I’ll say it anyway: nonsense. This guy is a racist angry fearful violent asshole. That doesn’t mean he’s mentally ill or needs treatment. He needs to be socially ostracized and if he continues to incite violence, he might need prosecution.

10 Likes

Unfortunately, this is, and has been for a long time now, 100% grade A American right wing assholery.

3 Likes

When does this cross over into incitement?

Or is incitement what I see disappearing in the rear-view mirror?

3 Likes

“Humanity”

1 Like

I get the impression many do it out of spite- they’re trolls. They love seeing people who dislike Trump (not just left leaning people, they turn on any of their number who leave the fold) get spun up. I try not to give them that satisfaction and never engage them, but if I do (say with a relative at a get together), try to kill them with kindness.

1 Like

You have to understand the conservative mindset of today. No matter how much they are in charge or how much power they wield, they always see themselves as the persecuted victim.

They hold the Presidency, both houses of Congress, the Supreme Court, most state legislatures and Governorships, as well as having a enormous, well-oiled, media propaganda machine, and yet they see themselves as being somehow under-the-bootheel of some imagined, monolithic liberal monster, hellbent on eradicating America.

16 Likes

This is true. Their version of reality and the version of reality subscribed to here do not overlap. You and they can sit together on the couch eating from the same bowl of popcorn and watching the news and at the end each of you will describe totally different experiences.

I would just add, though, how disconcerting it is that based on the Wikipedia article, this guy seems to have a rock solid understanding of our struggles in the Middle East, and why we’re just screwing it all up. He may overplay Israel’s role in driving our policy, but I’m not sure how much. Weird to see a guy with solid insight and a sound grasp of the problem say that mass murder is the best solution.

1 Like

“Scheuer is a former senior CIA official […]”

Let me guess - he started is career at the agency as a test subject for one of their mind-control experiments?

2 Likes

It’s interesting you say that. I don’t think it’s copypasta, but I was taken by the phrase “do the needful.” I don’t doubt it’s grammatically correct, but while I have heard non-Americans use this phrase, I never hear the word needful used as a noun by Americans. Maybe someone can prove me wrong.

2 Likes

Yeah, I see your angle, but nah - humanity is rarely so utterly despicable.

Any German speakers around?

1 Like

So - has he been arrested? Under investigation by homeland security?

Surely he’s at least on the no fly list?

edit: Are we supposed to report him? you know - if you see something say something?

16 Likes