Former senior CIA official says it's "quite near time" for Trump supporters to kill Trump opponents

No one has been assaulted. They’ve been told that they are supporting child kidnapping by their actions. No one has attacked them or been violent against them, which is much more than we can say for the people being put into detention, where rapes and violence has occurred. Rich white people being made slightly uncomfortable by democracy is not some fucking tragedy.

14 Likes

OMG! I finally get it now!!! IRELAND IS TRYING TO TAKE OVER AMMMMMMERICAAAAAAA!!! DON’T YOU KNOW THERE ARE 35MILLION AMERICANS IN THE SO CALLED IRISH DIASPORA!!! THEY WAVE AMERICAN and IRISH FLAGS, AND CELEBRATE ST. PATRICK’S DAY!!! THEY EVEN ELECTED ONE OF THEIR OWN A PRESIDENT… I mean, HE WAS CATHOLIC AND EVERYTHING!!! You just KNOW THAT THE POPE RAN THAT PRESIDENCY!!! /S

21 Likes

You mean that you can’t see the massive flood of people that a country of 125m people sent to the neighboring country of 325m people so that some time in the future (5 years after you get your green card, if you get your green card) the Mexican government can feed them a list of candidates to vote for, outvoting the population 2.5x its size and thus swing the election?

11 Likes

Much longer, actually, in some cases. I know someone who got legal status in 1990 and became a US citizen 2 years ago…

But you know… the IRISH that’s the real problem! /s :wink:

12 Likes

You know, this alone exposes you for a White House hack, though I wonder why you flunkies are concerned about us happy mutants enough to visit our little hippy powwow here. Is there anything else on these esteemed bulletin boards that interests you?

9 Likes

I’ve worked an election pre ID laws. The basic system in place is more than enough to keep out the vast majority of illegal voters. The hysteria over illegal immigrants from any country voting is founded on near-zero evidence. Voter fraud by current citizens is exceedingly difficult and nigh impossible to do on a mass scale unless there is actual vote tampering. The easiest way to do it is if your Uncle died a month before the election you could probably go in his place and it is possible he wasn’t removed from the voter rolls.

Other than that, they system in place was pretty simple, robust, and elegant. Note you couldn’t just vote with NO ID, but your Voter ID card was enough and what you would get when you were registered to vote. Your vote is tied to the address you are registered to. If you came in with no voter card and no ID you couldn’t vote. Your voter card and/or ID match the address in the book which you sign before you vote. If someone came in posing as you, you would find out when you came to vote.

Like many things, this is an issue that actually has a very small number of abusers which has been blown out of proportion by political parties as a means to 1) rile up some of their supporters and 2) enact laws that suppress mainly poor people from voting. People who have less mobility and unlikely to own a drivers licence. Many places make the specialized ID you can get if you don’t have a drivers license as difficult as possible, in some cases open only once or twice a month, and sending people back and forth for more documents even though they have lived in this country their whole lives.

When I first heard about the voter ID laws I thought they made some sense. But sense then I have come to realize they are adding extra restrictions to liberty to chase after near non-existent fraud. These new laws have hindered and prevented more votes than it has prevented fraudulent votes, and thus isn’t rationally a good law.

12 Likes

You do realize that Puerto Rico is a part of the US, right?

11 Likes

If I had to guess I would that it is old fashioned English English. Has an Anglo Saxton /northern ring to it.
The Indian thing could be army. A lot of English slang went around the world in via the army and ended up in odd places. So Dublin has Indian borrowings due to the way our biggest export was poor sods to fight the English wars for years…

Edit (addendum, whatever)

It’s worth pointing out that anti-immigrant bigots have a point. I mean, European emigration to America has obviously fucked the place to all shit. Look at the son of immigrants shit running the place now?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.