Former Trump advisor John Bolton: "I am not part of whatever drug deal Rudy and Mulvaney are cooking up.”

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/15/ousted-trump-advisor-on-giulia.html

7 Likes

When the rats start fighting each other…is the best!

28 Likes

If John Bolton of all people believes Biff’s foreign policy advisers are dangerous and reckless, that’s saying something.

43 Likes

“Drug deal, you say?” /makes note.

5 Likes

Hell hath no fury like a mustache scorned.

23 Likes

When discussing John Bolton I can’t help but to wonder what the Mercers have been up to in regards to Russia. Bolton is propped up by the Mercers and the Mercers are behind Renaissance Technologies (RENTEC) a key player in the Cambridge Analytica effort and also suspected of money laundering for Putin.

Filed under things that make you go Hmmmm.

26 Likes

On the other hand, he might just be disagreeing with Trump’s talk of de-escalating American involvement. Dude never met a war he didn’t like. That’s why he was in charge of diplomacy and making peace.

10 Likes

“Giuliani’s a hand grenade who’s going to blow everybody up,” Ms. Hill quoted Mr. Bolton as saying during an earlier conversation.

Sounds like Mr. Bolton just made himself a date with a House committee.

21 Likes

Of all the weird, backward realities that this timeline has produced, John Bolton being the voice of reason and restraint is just mind boggling.

27 Likes

Say what you will of his policies but Bolton is a true ideologue when it comes to hawkish foreign relations and has been consistent in his views for decades. My guess is he wants nothing to do with the scorched-Earth, burn-it-all-down, nihilistic election politics of Heir Hairpiece and crew.

That’s the Faustian bargain many neoconservatives have made in order to align themselves with the Orange Anus and it’s starting to unravel.

18 Likes

Agreed. He’s more of a burn-it-all-down, nihilistic American exceptionalism nut.

18 Likes

It never works, because politics always gets in the way and right-wing populists always pander to spiteful racist idiots. For all that Mnuchin has tried to shelter the neoliberal globalist economic interests of the moneyCons from Il Douche, he couldn’t stop the disastrously brain-dead protectionist trade war the Know-Nothings were demanding from offsetting gains from tax cuts for the wealthy. The neoCons were equally foolish, thinking that 1930s-style America First isolationism (the kind that appeases and allies with foreign tyrants) would never interfere with the PNAC delusion that they stick with to this day (despite the obvious disaster of Iraq).

One way or another, establishment conservatives are so focused on short-term greed that they never learn from history’s lessons.

18 Likes

Some might say they just don’t give a shit if there is money to be made, unless it is ripping the odd page from the Asshole Playbook and giving it another go.

8 Likes

Yeah, I just don’t see him toeing the administration line here given how they parted and the things Trump said about him on the way out the door. Whatever he is, and that whatever is an genuinely awful human being with dangerous ideas, he’s not the kind of ideologically unmoored whipsaw that Trump is, and that’s probably going to come out.

5 Likes

The important thing to remember is they’re still rats even when they’re jumping ship.

12 Likes

That 'stache, tho…

16 Likes

Yeah, Bolton has genuine beliefs and principles. They’re pretty uniformly terrible beliefs and principles, but he stands by them, which separates him from the nihilistic profit-seekers and lickspittles in the Trump misadministration.

16 Likes

Never thought I would see the day when John fucking Bolton was the sensible person.

17 Likes

I think he’s fine with scorched earth, so long as it’s in the Middle East.

Yes. Racist and anti-Muslim.

14 Likes