Former Trump campaign staffer Alva Johnson sues Trump, says he kissed her without consent before 2016 Florida rally

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/25/former-trump-campaign-staffer.html

4 Likes

It sucks that this happened to Ms Johnson.

But at this point does it really matter? We all thought he was just blustering when he said “I could shoot a guy on 5th avenue and get away with it.”

He is nothing but vile and yet still holds on to his power. I’ll never understand how it wasn’t over at “grab 'em by the pussy.”

12 Likes

It’s hard to see a scenario where her statement goes anywhere. I’m sure there are a lot of #metoo stories about Donald Trump, but the Senate doesn’t care.

3 Likes

“I can still see his lips coming straight for my face.”

tumblr_lxfnccax6a1qddfrco1_500

24 Likes

So what you’re saying here is that the leopard ate your face? quelle surprise.

2 Likes

Was this before or after he took her furniture shopping?

1 Like

…deny witnessing the alleged Trump sexual assault.

Need I point out that absence of evidence does not imply evidence of absence?

7 Likes

29 Likes

images

31 Likes

Can you imagine making a claim and filling a lawsuit like this yourself?

One can probably imagine about 1/2 of what is coming your way and even that 1/2 is horrible, life disrupting and personally dangerous shit.

That is some bravery on Ms. Johnson’s part

13 Likes

As a resident of VA, and I am sure you all understand the significance of this, the fact that the Republicans are filling the air with “There is no room for racism or sexual harassers in our lovely state government” makes me retch. The lack of self-awareness (or, even worse, the presence but unimportance of same) is staggering. Having said that, this will not impact Trump’s presidency one iota. If his followers actually cared about this kind of thing, it would have been over at “grab them by the pussy.” It was not. This will be played off as further evidence that the “deep state” or “liberal media” is out to get this fine Christian man. :face_vomiting:

21 Likes

As a human being with my share of failings, it is so difficult to have sympathy for someone like Ms. Johnson who knowingly allied herself with Trump and then was…surprised? apparently? that he was a garbage person to her. Not unlike how its difficult to feel sympathy for someone like Gretchen Carlson, who willingly and gleefully allied herself with the Fox rogues gallery, only to complain when their unpleasantness was turned on her as opposed to the other targets she assisted with. The part of me I’m not proud of wants to roll my eyes at them and ask them what the hell they expected when they chose to associate and advocate for these people.

And I know that’s wrong. It’s not ok to hold a victim of a sexual assault or sexual harassment to a litmus test like that, but goddamn it’s hard sometimes.

6 Likes

Time to compartmentalize I guess.

Sympathize with the victim of sexual assault, criticize the woman who helped put a sexual predator (and all-around criminal) in office.

11 Likes

Not the first time he’s done this…

giphy

9 Likes

17 Likes

awe man does this foretell there will be xenoform in the oval office next?

No. She doesn’t deserve what she got, no matter her political affiliations. That sort of thinking leads to events like the mass rape of german women after world war 2.

18 Likes

Lots of misogynistic, wife-beating males out there.

7 Likes

What do you mean WE?

9 Likes

[needs Tropic Thunder gif]

10 Likes