Former US President George W Bush still an embarrassing boob

It’s not my fault that the American Right has become a parody of itself. When they stop being one big continuous unfunny joke, I’ll quit snarking at them.

Also…that moment when two First Ladies are cringing in embarrassment to be on either side of you.

16 Likes

Proof positive that Trump as POTUS is a very real possibility. Eeep.

2 Likes

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the Union…

1 Like

Actually the big controversy is how Obama didn’t shake hands with Ted Cruz.

I don’t blame him…I wouldn’t want to get any Cruz on me either.

16 Likes

Scary thing is GW Bush was the pinnacle of the GOP politicians in terms of intelligence and sanity for the 21st Century. As bad as he was, it all went downhill from there.

How many Republican politicians these days could court Latino and Muslim voters with a straight face?

6 Likes

I agree that the song is supposed to be uplifting. I don’t hold it against him, but Bush really failed to read the room. And maybe the song wasn’t quite the right choice for the occasion either.

But for me the best part of the video is to watch the Obamas. Michelle is a little surprised and then decides to roll with it. Barack looks over a couple of times trying to figure out what’s going on, does figure it out and starts to grin like he thinks Bush is being a boob, and then visibly squashes that shit and puts his serious face back on. Its like a little one act play.

11 Likes

Wasn’t Cruz a big pusher of the “He’s a Kenyan!” crap? If so, Obama probably remembers that.

13 Likes

Have you ever seen anyone shake hands with Cruz? Yeah, ick.

6 Likes
7 Likes

So. . . keep the speech writer, fire the choreographer. . .

6 Likes

I kind-of miss that guy. You knew what you were going to get

1 Like

He won the election on his ability to convince people he’d be cool to have a beer with. He’s charismatic. He’s not a monster.

He’s a useful fool who was used by actual monsters to do horrific things under his presidency.

Dancing while cops are shot is just another flavor of MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. “People died, but screw it, I like this song.”

…it’s almost like he wanted to cheer people up maybe? But he would only do that at a memorial service…if he had forgotten why he was where he was…

6 Likes

I prefered the “Obama is a Keynesian” protest sign.

10 Likes

Then it was Cheney’s presidency

The people of New Orleans are still waiting for that

5 Likes

Written by someone else? Memorized or on a teleprompter?

The dancing wasn’t done by someone else. That was the real shrub.

3 Likes

I don’t really see the difference - he’s not that dumb. That still makes him a monster.
Also, as for the beer thing… He’s a recovered cokehead and drunk, so there is that.
BTW, think about that, America - you voted for a cokehead and a drunk for prez knowingly…

7 Likes

“Embarrassing boob” is one way to look at it. I think “arrogant & ignorant psychopath” describes even this little scene much better, which is how I look at his entire presidency.

8 Likes

I must admit that GW Bush doesn’t bother me as much as he used to. The war is unforgivable, of course, but he did great things for the AIDS issues in Africa. Plus, once Trump gets elected the “bad Republican president” bar will be raised to the moon.

4 Likes

Interesting that this tag only has one entry. Wonder how long that’ll last?

I mourn the days when he merely wanted to be known as the Education President.